Theranostics: Global Markets
The global market for theranostics should grow from $80.4 billion in 2020 to $129.8 billion by 2025, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 53 data tables and 20 additional tables
- An updated overview of the global markets for theranostics with emphasis on types of products, properties, materials, imaging technologies, and applications
- Analyses of the global market trends with data from 2018-2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Estimation of the current and potential market size for theranostics, and market share analysis on the basis of category, product type, application, and geographical region
- Highlights of new technological developments related to theranostics, while outlining current technical issues
- Review existing fields of application for theranostics and examination of emerging applications such as macular degeneration, gynecology, cutaneous hypersensitivity, and cardio-respiratory medicines
- Identification of important technology and industry trends within each market segment with a holistic review of current industry players, including manufacturers of products used in theranostics, reagents, and instrumentation for theranostics research, as well as suppliers of theranostics-related services, technology developers, and future market participants
- Assessment of latest technological developments and the most relevant global R&D activities related to theranostics, resulting in the issuance of patents
- Analysis of the recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to theranostic materials, processes, and applications
- Comprehensive company profiles of the major market players, including Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb, GE Healthcare, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Hitachi
This report provides an updated review of theranostics, including materials, equipment, and strategies, and identifies current and emerging applications for theranostic products.
BCC Research delineates the current market status for theranostics, defines trends, and presents growth forecasts for the next five years. The theranostics market is analyzed based on the following segments: category, product type, application, and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest developments, are discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted by BCC Research for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of theranostic technology are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for theranostics are also identified and grouped in segments (oncology, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases, neurological disorders, and others).
The second section provides a technological review of theranostics. This section offers a detailed description of theranostic materials and equipment, their properties, configurations, and typical strategies used in theranostics. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2018, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for. The chapter ends with an highlight of the most active research organizations operating in this field and their activities.
The third section entails a global market analysis for theranostics. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (category, product type, application, and region), with actual data referring to the years 2018 and 2019, and estimates for 2020. Revenues are at the manufacturing level.
The analysis of current revenues for theranostics is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for theranostics within each segment, together with forecast CAGRs for the period 2020 through 2025. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
In the fourth section of the study, which covers global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading suppliers of theranostic technologies, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these firms and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an analysis of recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to theranostic materials, processes, and applications. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, material type, and application.
Margareth Gagliardi, Chief Research Analyst in Advanced Materials for BCC Research, has more than 30 years of experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. After receiving her degrees in Chemical and Ceramic Engineering, she worked in both manufacturing and R&D holding senior management positions within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical, and structural components.
She is currently focusing on market intelligence and advanced technologies analysis for organizations and research institutions that operate within a range of high-tech industries.