Anticorrosion Coatings: Global Markets
The global anticorrosion coatings market should grow from $26.7 billion in 2019 to $32.5 billion by 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.0% during the forecast period of 2019-2024.
- 69 data tables and 35 additional tables
- An updated overview of the global market for anticorrosion coatings
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2018-2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Detailed insights into factors driving and restraining the growth of the global anticorrosion coatings market and a country-level market value analysis for each segment
- Estimation of market size and forecast the potential market for anticorrosion coatings, along with global market share analysis on the basis of product type, technology, end-user with major regions and countries involved
- Latest information on market opportunities, prospects and threats, new and upcoming technologies, regulatory developments, and demographic shifts that are affecting the market
- Industry value chain analysis of global anticorrosion coatings market providing a systematic study of the key intermediaries involved, which could further assist stakeholders in formulating appropriate strategies
- Key merger and acquisition deals, partnerships, innovations, joint ventures and other market strategies within the anticorrosion coatings industry
- Assessment of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of the major listed companies, including Akzo Nobel N.V., BASF SE, DuPont Chemical Co., The Dow Chemical Co., Hempel A/S, PPG Industries Inc., and The Sherwin-Williams Co.
The scope of this report is broad and covers various product types used across anticorrosion coating applications and end-user segments. To research, this report classifies the product types as epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, alkyd, zinc, chlorinated rubber and others, as an effort to help companies and investors prioritize product opportunities and strategic movements.
End-user industries coverage includes marine, oil and gas, industrial manufacturing, construction, energy, automotive, and others. These sectors consume anticorrosion coatings for applications such as heat exchangers, cooling towers, boilers, effluent water treatment plants, pipe lines, drill equipment and rails that require specialized coating technologies to deal with corrosion resistance boosting for operational performance to be delivered by each of these major assets. Every piece of an asset has a lifetime cost attached to it, and the life cycle purely depends on the regular maintenance work performed on the asset.
The market segmentation is further classified into technology-based waterborne, solvent-borne, powder coating and others. Solvent-based anticorrosion coatings contain a high amount of volatile organic compounds that are hazardous for human health and the environment. Water-borne coatings are gaining popularity among various end-users owing to their properties, such as low VOC content in comparison with solvent-borne coatings. Powder coatings are used for metal protective coating applications as they deliver superior results, and in terms of color they stay bright and fresh for a long period.
Revenues reported are captured from 2018 to 2024 and given for each product type and end-user with estimated valued derived from the companies’ total revenues.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across each regional anticorrosion coatings market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global anticorrosion coatings market and current trends within the industry.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global anticorrosion coatings market.
Saroj has been writing market research reports for the last 10 years. A post-graduate, her specialization is in the chemicals sector. Preparing end-to-end reports covering minute details for market insights and trend analysis in the chemicals, energy and materials sectors is her domain. Some of the reports written by her are as follow:
- Global Specialty Chemicals Market.
- Global Biodegradable Plastics Market.
- Global Bio-Refinery Technologies Market.
- Global Industrial Biomass Boiler Market.
- Global Bio Based Chemicals Market.
The global market for anti-corrosion coatings should reach $31.0 billion by 2022 from $23.3 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9%, from 2017 to 2022.
- 68 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for anti-corrosion coatings
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Coverage of the different types and chemistries of anticorrosion coatings, which include epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, zinc, chlorinated rubber, silicone, and alkyds
- Overview of anticorrosion coatings technologies, i.e., solvent-borne, waterborne, and powder-based
- Discussion of end-user industries, such as oil and gas, manufacturing, marine, water and wastewater, infrastructure, power generation, and automotive
- Analyses of technological, regulatory, and economic trends affecting the anticorrosion coatings market
- Profiles of major companies in the market, including 3M Company, Akzo Nobel NV, Ashland Inc., BASF, the Sherwin-Williams Company and Wacker Chemie AG