Biolubricants: Global Markets
The global biolubricants market should reach $2.4 billion by 2025 from $2.0 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
- 177 data tables and 106 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for bio lubricants
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019 to 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for bio lubricants by end-use application, end-user, type and region
- Description of biodegradable and renewable feedstock, such as vegetable oil, animal fat, and bio-based esters and discussion on major advantages of bio lubricants as they are biodegradable, minimally toxic, and not bio-accumulative, and lubricants produced from these feedstocks are considered as environmentally acceptable lubricants (EAL)
- Discussion on importance of bio-lubricants products and their effect on economic activity, and analysis of recent developments, new product launches and strategic innovations within the industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships
- Company profiles of major players, including Binol Biolubricants, Exxon Mobil Corp., Klüber Lubrication, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and Vickers Oil
In this report, the market has been segmented based on bio-based end-use category, base oil, product type and region. It offers an overview of the global market for biolubricants and analyzes global market trends, considering a base year of 2019 and estimates for 2020 and 2025. Revenue forecasts for 2025 are given for each bio-lubricant type, base oil, product type, end-use and region. Estimated values are derived from manufacturers' total revenues.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players in the market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the market for biolubricants and current trends within the industry. The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global market for biolubricants.
This report covers the technological, economic and business considerations of the biolubricants industry with analyses and forecasts provided for global markets. Included in the report are descriptions of market forces relevant to the biolubricants industry and their areas of application.
Global markets are presented by base oil, product type and end-use industry of biolubricants, along with growth forecasts through 2025. Estimates on sales value are based on the price in the supply chain at which the biolubricants are procured by manufacturers.
Market-driving forces and industry structure are examined. International aspects are analyzed for all world regions and base oils of biolubricants. Brief profiles of major global manufacturers are presented.
The presently developing COVID-19 pandemic has currently halted the progress of economies across the world. In addition to taking measures to lock down their respective countries to contain the spread of the coronavirus, especially in affected cities, various governments across the world are also taking the measures necessary to contain the economic slowdown.
The report considers the impact of COVID-19. In 2020, the growth rate of every industry across the world was impacted by the pandemic, and thus the biolubricants market will also be indirectly affected. The market is, however, expected to bounce back in 2021, due to the relief packages or disaster aid packages provided by various governments to boost their economies.
The report does not include separate market data for the very small base oil types and product types covered under the other categories.
A negative economic outlook has been assumed in all the regions for 2020 due to COVID-19, but a later positive economic outlook has been assumed to continue in all the regions until 2025. The growing economies are assumed to attract key companies in the market and increase consumer spending.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.