Paints and Coatings: A Global Market Outlook
The global market for paints and coatings should grow from $150.5 billion in 2018 to $191.9 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 12 data tables and 20 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for paints & coatings and discussion of their application areas
- Brief introduction to concepts, importance and history of paints and coatings industry
- Detailed description of solvent-borne coatings, types and their comparison with alternate coating technologies
- Complete understanding of high-performance ceramic coatings and anti-corrosion coatings and evaluation of their applications
- Information on the recent advancements and innovations (cutting-edge technologies) available in the paints & coatings market
- Insights of government regulations including European Union Regulations and U.S. regulations and broad overview of pollution prevention opportunities in coating operations
- Profiles of the major players and discussion of their products including 3M, Axalta Coating Systems, DowDuPont, Evonik Industries AG, Hentzen Coatings, Inc. and Kelly-Moore Paints
The scope of the report includes, a general outlook of paints and costings markets, with the scope limited to reports published by BCC Research during the year 2017 and 2018. It also examines industry standards, government and industry support, and other key factors related to the success of paints and coatings. This report segments the market into two major sub-segments like paints and coatings technology and paints and coatings end-use.
The technology segment explains the prevalent and upcoming technologies covering the qualitative aspects of the market in brief details. Detailed overview of these technologies coupled with relevant market data in terms of market size measured in dollar terms are provided. The end-use chapter include detailed overview of end-use and their applications like architectural and decorative coating, and industrial coating. The scope is limited to the recent studies published by BCC Research and is thus not exhaustive.
The scope of the report covers the overview of the global market for paints and coatings and analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2016, considering base year of 2017 and estimates for 2018 and 2023 with projection of CAGR in the forecast duration. The sales values are presented in US dollars, while volumes are presented in kilotons units. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant US dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.