Global Markets for Renewable Energy
BCC Research projects continued capacity growth of renewable energy. The global renewable energy market is valued at $224 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $331 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1%.
Hydroelectric power contributes a significant percentage of global electricity. This sector is worth an estimated $62 billion in 2010 and is projected to reach nearly $74 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5%.
Solar energy will experience the most dramatic growth over the forecast period. This sector is valued at $44 billion in 2010 and should reach $97 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers
The value of renewable energy projects worldwide was close to $22.3 billion in 2003 and is expected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 13.2% through 2008, to more than $41.4 billion.
in excess of 1.2 MW each and minimum wind farm capacities are 20 MW.
2008, an 8.9% AAGR, with revenues climbing to $10.6 billion.
increase to $6.0 billion in 2008.