Markets for Produced Water Treatment Equipment Outside North America
The global market for produced water treatment equipment was valued at $701 million in 2011 and should reach $733 million in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $984 million in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1%.
- An overview of markets outside North America for produced water treatment equipment
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Review and comparison of treatment technologies for removing salts and other inorganic compounds, including membrane processes, ion exchange, and thermal distillation; and removing oil, grease, and other organic compounds, including mechanical separation, flotation, and adsorption
- Discussion of regulatory and other market drivers in oil- and gas-producing regions
- Examination of produced water contaminants and waste types most in need of treatment
- Company profiles of leading produced water treatment equipment manufacturers.
The scope of this report is focused on global produced water treatment equipment for the oil and gas industry. The market is broken down by several different parameters, including world region, equipment type, and produced water source; and offshore/onshore application.
There are a number of expenses related to produced water management, including expenditures for services and equipment for downhole water minimization, for lifting water to the surface, for treatment, for reinjection, and for hauling and offsite disposal. This report will evaluate only oil and gas sector purchases for treatment equipment.
The study covers the industry on a worldwide basis in terms of the manufacture and deployment of treatment systems. BCC examines government roles in support of global markets, including regulatory support, government requirements, and promotional incentives for various technologies as relevant and available.
During the past 16 years, Susan Hanft has authored more than 35 market research reports for BCC Research in the fields of membrane technology, water and wastewater treatment, and separations used in food and beverage manufacture, medicine, and biotechnology.