Monetization of Customer Data: Perspectives and Beyond
With the modernization and advances in technology, there has been the birth of an entirely new kind of currency i.e. the “data.” Just like any other high-value commodity, data has gained popularity in leaps and bounds in the last decade. This report provides a brief description on customer data monetization and personal data marketplaces.
- An overview of customer data monetization
- Information on biological and healthcare data
- Explanation of why there is a need to establish balance between customer independence and business advantages
- Coverage of government regulation and guidelines that impact data protection and privacy for all individual citizens
- Review of recent developments and case studies related to data security
The analyst, Kamna Jhamb, of this report holds a Ph.D. in Microbial Technology. She has worked as a researcher in Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in California. She has numerous publications in the field of protein biochemistry. She has more than 10 years of research experience in the fields of microbiology, molecular biology, electron microscopy and protein biochemistry.