Compound Feeds and Additives: Global Markets
The global market for animal feed totaled about $99.7 billion in 2012, and sales reached about $106 billion in 2013. At a 6.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2018, the global animal feed market is expected to rise to almost $144.4 billion in 2018.
- An overview of the global market for compound feeds and additives
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Information on the current structure and dynamics of the markets of compound feed ingredients and insight into the interrelationships and interaction among them
- Details on quantities manufactured and used and analyses of prices and market value developments
- Comprehensive profiles of important companies that are active in the preparation and marketing of feed additives.
The scope of this study encompasses animal feed and feed additives in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology involved, market projections and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The following markets were studied: the North America region, which includes the United States, Canada, Mexico and Cuba; the European, Middle East and Africa region, usually abbreviated as EMEA, which includes all European nations, all African nations and extends east to Iran and includes Russia; and the Asia-Pacific region, which includes Australia, Japan, India, China, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Mauritius and Singapore.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)
The global market value of feed additives products was $16.1 billion in 2010 and is expected to grow to $27.6 billion in 2017 at an estimated compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% from 2010 to 2017.
The compound feed and respective ingredient markets reached 606 million tons in 2001. The market is expected to increase at a low AAGR (average annual growth rate) of 1% to 637 million tons in 2006.
Compound feed production for poultry and pigs will continue to climb, while that for cattle will become smaller and smaller.
Major growth is seen for aquaculture feed.
Due to continued price pressure, the market value of feed additives will increase at an AAGR of only 0.2% through 2006.
Upcoming ingredient specialties such as probiotics, prebiotics, and especially yeast, have recently experienced a fast and broad expansion of their markets.