Whey Protein Products: Global Markets
The global whey protein market will reach $13.5 billion in 2020, up from $9.2 billion in 2015, registering a CAGR of 6.5% for the period of 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets for Whey protein
- Analyses of global market trends, with data for 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020
- Coverage and analysis of six major categories: Whey Powder, WPC35, WPC80, WPI, WPH, DWP
- Detailed regional trade analysis, and import and export of Whey protein ingredients in volume terms
- Application breakdowns into six key categories: bakery, chocolate confectionery, dairy, functional nutrition, ice cream, and other processed food
- Insights into strategies adopted by global players to gain market share
- Profiles of major players in this industry
This report analyzes whey protein ingredients and their adoption across global markets. It also focuses on how whey protein is being adopted across various end markets. Additionally, the analysis tracks growth of traditional and emerging whey protein markets.
An overview of the whey protein industry precedes later chapters that review the main whey ingredient categories and discuss key end markets, pricing, competitive landscape and the unique challenges faced by each category in the future.
In terms of data, the market estimates and forecasts given in this report are based on production of whey ingredients. Unless otherwise indicated, all estimates and forecasts have been presented in U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation to enable comparison across markets. Five-year production forecasts (in value and volume) follow, segmented according to whey protein ingredient categories as well as expansion into end markets.
Below are the key segments for which production trends for whey protein has been provided.
By end markets:
- Food and beverage.
- Baby food.
- Sport nutrition.
- Pharmaceutical and clinical nutrition.
- Animal feed.
By regions and key countries:
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Indonesia, Japan).
- Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine).
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile).
- Middle East and Africa (Kenya, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates).
- North America (U.S., Canada).
- Western Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, U.K.).
By whey protein ingredients:
- Whey powder (WP).
- Demineralized whey powder (DWP).
- WPC (whey protein concentrate) 35.
- WPC 50-79.
- WPC 80.
- WPI (whey protein isolate).
Pankaj Chaubey, the author of this report, has worked extensively in the food and beverage and ingredients industry. With more than 12 years of experience, he has led several strategic business research and consulting projects in consumer-focused industries for global clients.