Sports Nutrition and High Energy Supplements: The Global Market
The global market for sports nutrition and high energy supplements totaled $37.5 billion in 2014. This market is projected to approach $40.8 billion in 2015 and nearly $66.0 billion by 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% through 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for sports nutrition and high energy supplements
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Discussion covering market trends in detail, deliberating on growth drivers and inhibitors as well as market drivers for the industry as a whole.
- An overview of the regulatory environment, with special focus on the United States, Europe, and Japan.
- Information on providers of nutrients to major companies as well as those marketing and manufacturing the sports nutrition products.
The scope of this report is broad and covers many different types of sports nutrition and supplements used globally in various types of end industries. The market is broken down into major types, regions, and consumers. Revenue forecasts from 2015 through 2020 are given for each major type of sports nutrition and supplement, with their applications and regional market.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players in each of the regional markets and explains the major global drivers, the current trends, major challenges, and the regional dynamics of the market. The report concludes with a special focus on the supplier landscape. It includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the sports nutrition and supplements industry globally, and discusses the market share of the major players by region.
Aneesh Kumar has been a project manager and partner with BizImpact Knowledge Services, LLP, a market research and services company primarily focused on opportunities in science and technology, since 2011. Kumar manages a team focused on global market research projects, primary interviews and market forecasting. He holds a BBA from the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India and is a member of the Indo-German Chambers of Commerce.
- The global market for sports nutrition products increased from $27.8 billion in 2007 to an estimated $31.2 billion in 2008. It should reach $91.8 billion by 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.1%.
- Sports beverages have the largest share of the market and were worth $24.9 billion in 2007. This is expected to increase to $27.8 billion in 2008 and $87.0 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 25.6%.
- Sports food currently represents the second-largest market segment, generating $1.8 billion in 2007 and an estimated $1.5 billion in 2008. This should reach $2.5 billion in 2013, a CAGR of 10.8%.