Proton Therapy in Cancer: Global Markets
The global proton therapy market for cancer reached $671.6 million in 2019 and should reach $1.2 billion by 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.1% for the period of 2019-2024.
- 55 data tables and 25 additional tables
- A comprehensive overview of the global markets for proton therapy or proton beam therapy (PBT) in cancer treatment
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Coverage of historical data; effectiveness, clinical benefits and side effects (for treating malignancies) of proton technology; and key role plays across various cancers
- Retrospective study outlining difference between proton-based therapy and conventional intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), cost effectiveness for specific patients such as children, and clinical advances in hematology and oncology
- Assessment of recent breakthroughs, current R&D activities, rapid technological advances in PBT, expanding utilization of image-guided proton therapy, and latest trends related to this field of clinical research
- Patent review and new developments in PBT technologies
- Company profiles of leading market participants within the industry, including Elekta Instrument AB, Hitachi, Ltd., Mevion Medical Systems, Inc., Pronova Solutions, Llc, Protom International, Raysearch Laboratories Ab and Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the proton therapy market in global context, including market forecasts and sales through 2024. The report analyzes the market by segmenting it into the various types of room types (single-room and multi-room). The end-user markets focus on hospitals, proton therapy centers and others. This study surveys the proton therapy market according to various types of cancers (by application), i.e., pediatric cancers, skull base treatment, central nervous system, head and neck cancer, prostate cancer, sarcomas, lung cancer and others. The proton therapy market is also assessed by geographic region including North America, Europe and emerging markets. Emerging markets includes countries in Africa, Asia and South America.
This report details new developments and patents boosting the growth of this market in the global context. A list of leading proton therapy centers, their locations and other details is also provided.
This report also provides comprehensive profiles of market players in the industry. The industry structure chapter focuses on the changing market trends, leading vendors, their market shares and product offerings. This chapter also covers mergers and acquisitions and any other collaborations or partnerships that happened during the forecast period and which are expected to shape the industry.
Factors such as strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities that are expected to play a role in the proton therapy market are evaluated in detail.
Excluded from this report are the traditional radiation therapy equipment suppliers. The carbon ion therapy is still a very small market and is thus not included with proton therapy.
Dr. Kamna Jhamb has more than 13 years of research experience, of which more than four years have been devoted to market research. Before entering the field of market research, she worked as a Research Assistant in Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, CA. With a Ph.D. in Microbial Technology, she has vast knowledge in the areas of microbiology, protein chemistry, and molecular biology. She has several international publications in reputed journals. For BCC Research, Dr. Kamna has written reports spanning topics from healthcare, finance, to biotechnology.