The Elder Care Market: Products and Services
The U.S. eldercare market reached $381.6 billion in 2014 and nearly $417 billion in 2015. The market should reach $512.7 billion in 2020, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for eldercare products and services.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Segmentations of the market into healthcare products and services, housing services and needs, and assistive technologies.
- Breakdowns of the U.S. and worldwide markets by demographics.
- A focus on applications including:
- Heart disease/stroke.
- Cancer treatments.
- Kidney disease medications.
- Diabetes medications.
- Arthritis prescription medications.
- Osteoporosis medications.
- Pain medications.
- Neurological health medications (e.g., dementia, depression).
- Respiratory medications and products.
- Information covering the industry's structure.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report offers forecasts by product segment (i.e., healthcare, housing, and assistive devices and technology) from 2015 through 2020, including supporting analyses for projections.
Report segments include a demographic background of the market in the U.S. and worldwide, healthcare products and services, housing services and needs, and assistive technologies for the elder care market. International markets are discussed and information is provided on industry structure.
Profiles of leading companies involved in the elder care pharmaceutical, housing and assistive device industries are provided. Information on company placement within the designated market and strategic analyses of the companies’ available and emerging products are discussed.
Peggy S. Lehr is the market research analyst of this report. Ms. Lehr holds a BS in Journalism from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and a MS in Communication from the University of Denver. Ms. Lehr has been involved with the medical/nursing industry for more than 25 years.
The U.S. eldercare market reached $286.7 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow from $319.8 billion in 2013 to $436.6 billion by 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An in-depth analysis and forecast of the eldercare market.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the period 2013 and 2018.
- Identification of the U.S. and worldwide markets by demographics.
- Discussion on international markets, as well as information on the industry's structure.
- A breakdown of the overall market into segments that include healthcare products and services, housing services and needs, and assistive technologies.
- The U.S. eldercare market was worth $279.2 billion in 2008 and an estimated $316.9 billion in 2009. This should reach $447.4 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1%.
- The healthcare segment has the largest share of the market, worth $146.4 billion in 2008 and an estimated $172.2 billion in 2009. This should increase at a CAGR of 9.1% to reach $266.8 billion in 2014.
- The housing segment has the second-largest market share, generating $127.4 billion in 2008. This segment is expected to reach $138.7 billion in 2009 and $171.5 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 4.3%.