Elder Care Services and Assistive Devices: Global Markets
The global market for elder care assistive devices should grow from $705.8 billion in 2020 to $914.9 billion by 2025, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 12 data tables and 20 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for elder care services and assistive devices
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Highlights of quantitative and qualitative data of the eldercare products and services market by home healthcare, adult day services and institutional care, and medical/personal monitoring aids, daily living aids, mobility aids and access aids, and by region
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market trends, market size, market forecast, and technological advancements within the industry
- Impact analysis of COVID-19 on eldercare products and services market
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major players of the industry, including Atria Senior Living, Enlivant, Life Care Centers of America, Invacare Corp., and Sunrise Medical
This report examines the current and projected market potential of elder care services and assistive devices. It offers a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, market background, technological advancement, drivers, restraints and market growth trends. The report also includes market projections to 2025. The report details the market shares of elder care services and assistive devices based on type of service and device.
Based on services, the market is fragmented into home healthcare, adult day services and institutional care. By assistive devices, the market is segmented into medical/personal monitoring aids, daily living aids, mobility aids, access aids and others.
By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and the Rest of the World. North America includes the U.S. and Canada; the European region includes Germany, U.K., France and the Rest of Europe; the Asia-Pacific region includes China, India, Japan and the Rest of Asia-Pacific. For market estimates, data are provided for 2018 as the base year, 2019, and forecast through year-end 2025. Estimated values used are based on assistive device manufacturers’ and elder care service providers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The U.S. eldercare market reached $381.6 billion in 2014 and nearly $417 billion in 2015. The market should reach $512.7 billion in 2020, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for eldercare products and services.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Segmentations of the market into healthcare products and services, housing services and needs, and assistive technologies.
- Breakdowns of the U.S. and worldwide markets by demographics.
- A focus on applications including:
- Heart disease/stroke.
- Cancer treatments.
- Kidney disease medications.
- Diabetes medications.
- Arthritis prescription medications.
- Osteoporosis medications.
- Pain medications.
- Neurological health medications (e.g., dementia, depression).
- Respiratory medications and products.
- Information covering the industry's structure.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The U.S. eldercare market reached $286.7 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow from $319.8 billion in 2013 to $436.6 billion by 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An in-depth analysis and forecast of the eldercare market.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the period 2013 and 2018.
- Identification of the U.S. and worldwide markets by demographics.
- Discussion on international markets, as well as information on the industry's structure.
- A breakdown of the overall market into segments that include healthcare products and services, housing services and needs, and assistive technologies.
- The U.S. eldercare market was worth $279.2 billion in 2008 and an estimated $316.9 billion in 2009. This should reach $447.4 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1%.
- The healthcare segment has the largest share of the market, worth $146.4 billion in 2008 and an estimated $172.2 billion in 2009. This should increase at a CAGR of 9.1% to reach $266.8 billion in 2014.
- The housing segment has the second-largest market share, generating $127.4 billion in 2008. This segment is expected to reach $138.7 billion in 2009 and $171.5 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 4.3%.