Personalized Medicine and Epigenomics: Technologies and Global Markets
The global epigenomic market reached nearly $4 billion in 2014 and $4.7 billion in 2015. The market should reach nearly $12.1 billion in 2020, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.6% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for personalized medicine and epigenomics.
- Analyses global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Analysis of the current personalized medicine business model and the commercial use of the personalized medicine technology platform.
- Evaluation of individual submarkets for personalized medicine in terms of technology, products, services, application areas and geography.
- A look at the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The report will analyze the market by types, products and applications. It will also focus on emerging technologies and therapies. Geographically, the market is divided into five regions: North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Latin America, and the Middle East and Asia (MEA).
- Products are segmented by reagents, kits, instruments, enzymes and services.
- Technologies are segmented by DNA methylation, histone methylation and acetylation, MicroRNA modification.
- Applications are segmented areas by diagnosis, prognosis, therapy optimization in routine clinical treatment and drug discovery.
- Therapy areas are segmented by cancer treatment, neurological disorders, CVD and others, which includes the research and development (R&D) stage.
- Cancer treatment is further broken down into hematological cancers, solid tumors, gastric cancer, lung cancer and others.
Vijay Laxmi has more than 20 years of domain experience. In addition to business research and consulting, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. She has worked with major market research firms and handled projects for various consultancies. She has authored market research studies in the healthcare domain on such subjects as:
- Various medical devices markets.
- High-growth and niche markets in healthcare and the life sciences.
- Home healthcare market.
- Medical tourism market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- The global market for personalized medicine technology is projected to be $14.4 billion in 2009 and is expected to reach $29.2 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.2%
- Pharmacogenomics is a major revenue generating market, contributing about 28.7% to the total personalized medicine market in 2009, at $4.1 billion; this should reach $9.5 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 18%
- The point-of-care market has the second largest share of the market, at $2.7 billion in 2009. This is expected to increase to $5.1 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 18%.
The worldwide market for pharmacogenomics reached $1.24 billion in 2004 and is projected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 24.5% to reach $3.7 billion by 2009.
Diagnostics comprised 39.2% of the total market in 2004 and are projected to rise at an AAGR of 28.4% to account for 45.3% of the total in 2009.
Genotyping technologies are expected to expand at an AAGR of 26.5% to reach $1.7 billion or 44% of the total market.
SNP identification technologies reached sales of $200.7 million in 2004 and are projected to increase at an AAGR of 14.6% to reach $397.2 million in 2009.