Cardiac Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for cardiac medical devices was valued at nearly $49.4 billion in 2013 and $52 billion in 2014. This market is projected to reach nearly $67.5 billion by 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the technologies and global markets for cardiac equipment.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 to 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Breakdowns of the market based on market share, product types, and geography.
- Information on cardiac equipment currently used in the market, as well as what will likely be commercialized in the near future.
- Information pertaining to the suppliers of the equipment.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- Profiles of major players in the cardiac equipment field.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study encompasses multiple technologies and procedures related to cardiac devices. The study focuses primarily on four main categories of cardiac devices:
- Diagnostic devices.
- Implantable devices.
- Heart pumps and heart-lung machines.
The diagnostic devices include monitoring devices such as echocardiography (ECG or EKG), ultrasound, Doppler, pulse oximetry, end-tidal carbon dioxide (ETCO2), capnography, noninvasive blood pressure (NIBP), and stress tests. The implantable devices include implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), pacemakers, cardiac monitors, stents, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) and insertable cardiac monitors (ICMs). The defibrillators include advanced life support defibrillators (ALSs), automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and wearable defibrillators. The heart pumps segment includes balloon pumps, cardiopulmonary bypass pumps, ventricular assist devices (VADs) and left ventricular assist systems (LVAS). Heart-lung machines are also important products in the cardiac device market. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares for the major players. The report also analyzes the market by region, which consists of North America, Europe and emerging markets, including countries like India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)