Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM): Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices was worth $165.8 million in 2010 and $183.7 million in 2011. This market is projected to reach $356.5 million by 2016, with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.2% from 2011 through 2016.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The key markets covered in this report are:
- Diabetic Care Devices Market – Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG), continuous glucose monitoring devices such as (a) insulin pumps, b) transmitters and receivers, and c) glucose sensors.
- By Application Areas – Hospitals, diagnostics/clinics, home.
- By Types of Diabetes – Prediabetes, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes.
- By Age – Children, teens, young, middle, elderly.
- By Race – Non-Hispanic whites, Hispanics, Asian Americans, Europeans, Asians, others.
- Geography – U.S., Europe, Asia and ROW.
Varsha Bhat has more than five years of experience in market intelligence, business research, strategic consulting and analytics. She has experience in the healthcare domain with respect to pharmaceuticals, pharma chemicals and technologies, and in the life sciences market. Varsha has been constantly tracking, authoring and interacting with top market participants in these domains and has conducted high-level briefings. She has frequently delivered research services that contain high-level analysis, strategic recommendations and top business strategies to enhance the market shares of industry players. She also has extensive experience in training and leading a global research and analytics team. Varsha holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology and an MBA in Marketing.