Global Markets and Technologies for Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) - Focus on Fourier Domain and Time Encoded
- An overview of the global market for optical coherence tomography, including details on system technology segments; this study's focus is on fourier domain and time encoded OCT.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 to 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- A breakdown of OCT formats, including office/tabletop, catheter-based, and handheld.
- Regulatory status of the devices in the U.S., EU, and other regions.
- Delineation of the major markets for the technology, including ophthalmology, cardiovascular, oncology, dermatology, and dental applications.
- Segmentation of the market by geography, technology, mode of implementation, and type of end user.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
BCC’s aim in conducting this study is to offer synopsis of the current and future characteristics of the global market for optical coherence tomography (OCT). The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis and future trend and research of OCT as an important tool for the usage of this technique in imaging.
This report explores present and future different OCT techniques and their usage and developments within the OCT market. This report includes different types of OCT techniques such as time domain and large-field high-speed polarization sensitive system, Fourier domain or spectral domain and time-encoded frequency domain or swept source, full-field optical coherence and optical delay scanning. The improvisation of the market, the setbacks and the needs of the market are discussed in this report. The classification, new developments and usage of these types of techniques are also portrayed in this report.
A detailed analysis of the OCT industry has been conducted. Revenues are broken down by region. Sales figures are estimated for the five-year period from 2012 through 2017.
Applications for OCT are also discussed in this report, with an emphasis of the usage of this technique in different therapeutic categories and various other industries. This report also covers significant patents and their allotments in each category.
Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report. This study also discusses the strength and weaknesses of each type/ technology in light of the new technologies, growing competition and changing customer needs.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Extensive research in the OCT field has revealed its current usage in various applications and its usage in the future. The report also covers current research and developments going on in this field. This report also discusses the usage of OCT techniques over other current imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound imaging. Researchers are exploring the advantages of OCT in newer areas, leading to the increased usage and consumption of these techniques. R&D spending, patents and research in this field are giving a new direction. The advancements, new product launches and the early disease detection awareness influenced the market to grow in the foreseeable future. This study looks at almost all of the systems affected by these factors.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
This study contributes to the areas of market growth in OCT manufacturers and users. Pharmaceutical, biotechnical companies, research institutes and analytical/diagnostic institutes will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study embraces OCT in medical and other markets. BCC analyzed each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging markets for OCT include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals, and many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers of OCT technical experts. Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions and market trends.
Many companies were surveyed to obtain data for this study, including manufacturers and end users of OCT. Data were gathered from various industry sources. BCC spoke with officials within the industry and consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade and government sources.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or its use.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)