Hospital Supplies: Global Markets to 2023
The global hospital supply market should reach $45 billion by 2023 from $37.5 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% for the period 2018-2023.
- 36 data tables and 28 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for hospital supplies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion on hospital acquired infections (HAI), its prevalence and need for advanced hospital infrastructure for its prevention
- Information on telemedicine and other digital health platforms
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including 3M Co., Becton, Dickinson and Co., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Johnson & Johnson, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Stryker Corp.
The global hospital supply market generally consists of the following supplies: sterilization consumables (detergents and accessories); syringes and needles (general and specialized syringes); mobility aids and transportation equipment, which includes wheelchairs (manual and powered wheelchairs) and stretchers (manual and motorized stretchers); disposable hospital supplies (gowns, drapes, gloves, procedure kits and trays, and feeding tubes); and patient examination devices (thermometers and stethoscopes). In this study, both branded and non-branded hospital supplies are considered for such products. This report does not include medical devices used in hospitals, and market sizing is restricted to the product types mentioned above.
The scope of the report includes an overview of the global market for hospital supplies and analyses of global market trends, using 2017 as the base year and forecasting 2018 through 2023 with CAGR projections.
The report discusses technological, regulatory and economic trends that are affecting the market. It also explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global hospital supply market and current trends within the industry.
Hospital supply end users are categorized into clinics, hospitals and surgical centers. Regional analysis includes North America (U.S., Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, japan and Rest of Asia-Pacific) and Rest of World.
The report concludes with detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global hospital supply market. Notable industry participants in this market include B. Braun, Becton & Dickinson, Advanced Sterilization Products Services Inc., 3M Healthcare and Kimberly Clark. For market estimates, data has been provided for 2017, the base year, with forecasts for 2018 through 2023. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total and segmental revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- Smart Packaging: Global Market Outlook (CHM183A)
- Microbiome Therapeutics: Global Markets (BIO205B)
- Global Market for Laboratory Disposables (CHM180A)
- Surveillance and Monitoring of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) Hazards (SAS005E)
- Intraocular Lenses: Global Market Outlook (MDS081A)