Liquid Biopsy with Emphasis on NIPT: Global Markets to 2023
The global liquid biopsy market should grow from $2.3 billion in 2018 to $6.1 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 45 data tables and 94 additional tables
- An overview of liquid biopsy and non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPT) market
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Country specific data and analysis for China, Japan, India, South Korea, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and USA
- Comparative study of liquid biopsy with conventional biopsy and coverage of their respective biomarkers
- Snapshot of key liquid biopsy research and development programs
- Information on NIPT available in market such as NIFTY, Verifi prenatal test, Harmony prenatal test, Panorama, MaterniT21 and IONA test
- Description of chromosomal diseases where NIPT plays a vital role in detection and screening i.e. Down’s Syndrome, Edwards Syndrome (Trisomy 18), Patau syndrome (Trisomy 13) and Turner syndrome
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players, including Agilent Technologies, Illumina, Natera, Oxford Nanopore, QIAGEN, and Thermo Fisher
The scope of the report includes liquid biopsy technologies, applications, industry subsegments, biomarker technologies, major funding initiatives, NIPT methods, patents for both liquid biopsy and NIPT, and company profiles. The market sizes for liquid biopsy diagnostics with emphasis on NIPT are given for the years 2017, 2018 (estimated) and 2023 (forecasted).
This report reviews liquid biopsy biomarkers and technologies and provides background on why liquid biopsy is increasingly viewed as a replacement for, or a companion to, tissue biopsy. It then discusses several of the significant large-scale research initiatives that are contributing to liquid biopsy development. Market-driving forces are also discussed.
In addition to this, the report examines the markets by NIPT methods, high-risk and low-risk pregnancies and geography. The end-user segment of this market is based on disease area and healthcare setting. Disease areas include trisomy 21, 18 and 13 and Turner syndrome (a sex chromosome aneuploidy). Healthcare settings include diagnostic laboratories and hospitals. Market dynamics such as drivers and restraints for the NIPT market are also discussed.
The structure of several important industry subsectors was reviewed. The industry subsectors that are analyzed include next-generation sequencing (NGS) instruments, droplet digital PCR, target enrichment and amplification, single-cell DNA polymerase, prenatal screening, liquid biopsy, direct to consumer, and clinical laboratory.
The market for liquid biopsy diagnostics is analyzed by application (cancer, reproductive health, transplant), biomarker type (nucleic acids, cells, extracellular vesicles, proteins), analysis platform (microarray, NGS, PCR, proteomics and others), analysis purpose (screening/early detection, diagnosis, therapy guidance, monitoring) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of World). Similarly, the market size of non-cancer applications of liquid biopsy, NIPT, is analyzed based on risk-type, analysis purpose, biomarker class, analysis method, NIPT methods, high- and low-risk pregnancies, and geography.
Market data cover the years 2017, 2018 (estimated) and 2023 (forecasted).
More than 165 companies in the liquid biopsy industry are profiled in this report. Nearly 18 companies in the NIPT market have been profiled in detail.
BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2016 until December 2018, including key alliance trends.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- Global Oncology Pharmaceuticals Market (PHM256A)
- Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films: Technology and Markets (SMC037J)
- Market Trends in the Plastics Industry: An Analysis of Developments by Key Plastics Manufacturers (PLS115A)
- Brain-Computer Interfaces: Global Markets (IAS180A)
- Global Markets for Dental Consumables and Prosthetics (HLC087B)