Global Markets and Technologies for Medical Lasers
The global market for medical laser devices was at nearly $3.7 billion in 2013. This market is expected to increase from more than $4.1 billion in 2014 to nearly $7.8 billion in 2019, with compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6% over the five-year period from 2014 to 2019.
- An in-depth analysis of the global markets and technologies for medical lasers.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compounds annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Coverage of different types of medical lasers and their main applications.
- Relative patent analysis.
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the medical lasers field.
The report addresses the global market for lasers used in diagnostic, therapeutic, and cosmetic applications during the period from 2013 through 2019. It addresses the market in its entirety as well as in selected regional and country markets.
The report does not cover the market for lasers used in the fabrication of medical devices (e.g., in the creation of microscopic features and spot welds). The focus is on the market for lasers themselves, rather than the larger pieces of equipment that incorporate them.
The format of the study includes the following elements:
- Types of medical lasers and their main applications.
- End-user segments.
- Market environment (legal and regulatory, standards, trends in the healthcare industry, demographic and economic trends, other market drivers and barriers to deployment).
- Detailed market estimates and projections, by type of laser/end-user segment/geographical area for the period 2013 to 2019.
- Supplier profiles.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- The Market for Minimally Invasive Medical Devices (HLC051H)
- Global Markets for 3D Printing (MFG074A)
- FinTech: Investment, Innovation, Ideology and Technology (FIN001A)
- Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS029F)
- Global Hydrogen Economy: Merchant Hydrogen and Hydrogen Purification Technologies (EGY055E)
The global market for medical laser devices was $2.7 billion in 2010. As it recovers from the effects of the recent recession, the market is expected to increase to more than $3 billion in 2011 and $6.8 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.3% over the 5-year period.
- Global market for medical lasers by end use was worth approximately $2.7 billion in 2008. This market declined to less than $2.3 billion in 2009 under the impact of the recession in many of the world’s major economies, it is projected to grow to nearly $4.8 billion between 2009 and 2014, at a CAGR of 16.1% over the 5-year period
- Therapeutic laser applications market was nearly $2.3 billion in 2008; this further decreased to $1.9 billion in 2009, this is projected to reach $3.7 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 13.3%.
- Diagnostic application market was $330 million in 2008; this further decreased to $328 million in 2009, this is projected to reach $1.2 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 28.9%.