Global Markets for Laser Systems, Components and Materials
- The global market for lasers in 2010 was $7.1 billion and is expected to reach $7.9 billion in 2011. The market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% and reach nearly $12.5 billion by 2016.
- The contribution of the Americas region will change from 29.5% in 2011 to 27.5% in 2016. This market segment is estimated to reach nearly $2.3 billion in 2011 and $3.4 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 7.9% over the five year period.
- The contribution of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region will change from 41.6% in 2011 to 44.1% in 2016. The segment is expected to reach $3.3 billion in 2011, and should reach nearly $5.5 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 10.8% between 2011 and 2016.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars as well as in millions of shipment units for lasers from 2011 through 2016.
The report forecasts the market size for the following:
- Individual laser types such as diode, fiber, carbon dioxide, solid-state, excimer, dye, and other gas lasers
- The above forecasts are classified on the basis of end application vertical, geographical region and seventeen key nations on volume and value bases as well as value chain contributors on value basis.
The Executive Summary provides a snapshot of key findings of the report.
The chapter on theory of lasers and their applications introduces and explains central operating concepts of lasers and then enlists key laser applications.
The chapter on dynamics of laser types highlights differences and also identifies important common threads that run through diverse laser types.
The chapter on global markets provides a 360-degree view of the laser market quantitatively.
The chapter on regional analysis – Americas presents the overall market metrics and overview of the region followed by analyses of individual major countries such as USA, Brazil, Canada, and Mexico.
The chapter on regional analysis – EMEA presents the overall market metrics and overview of the region followed by analyses of individual major countries such as Germany, France, UK, Spain, Italy, Russia, the Netherlands, and Turkey.
The chapter on regional analysis – APAC presents the overall market metrics and overview of the region followed by analyses of individual major countries such as China, Japan, India, South Korea, and Indonesia.
The chapter on stakeholders and value highlights stakeholder categories and analyzes their activities in this domain and clarifies where and how they fit in the larger picture.
The U.S. Patent Analysis chapter highlights the patenting activity underway in the area of laser modules. The chapter classifies the patents awarded according to categories such as carbon dioxide lasers, dye lasers, excimer lasers, fiber lasers, generic gas lasers, helium based lasers, ion lasers, quantum cascade lasers, general semiconductor lasers, solid-state lasers, and vertical cavity surface-emitting laser VCSELs.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kaustubha Parkhi has worked in a broad range of functional roles with leading telecommunications operators and service providers such as Reliance Infocomm, Ramco Systems, and BPL Cellular. He has written on an array of telecommunications and electronics related subjects based on his critical analysis of the underlying technology and its business impact. Kaustubha holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Equivalent to a Bachelor of Science) in Electronics and Telecommunications and an MBA in Systems.