Obesity Drugs and Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for obesity treatments should reach over $7.8 billion by 2021 from over $4.3 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for obesity drugs, therapies, and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, estimates of 2016, and projects CAGRs through 2021.
- Focus on therapies for obesity that are U.S. FDA approved or allowed through doctors’ permission in the U.S., namely liposuction and bariatric surgery as well as FDA approved medications.
- Bariatric surgery, broken down into four procedures: Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Adjustable Gastric Band, and Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS).
- Information covering obesity pharmaceuticals and surgeries, outlines of various drug and surgery types, a history of the market, and challenges and obstacles as well as those hurdles that have been overcome.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- A look at the industry's structure, and the landscape of the market.
- Profiles of major players in the field.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study encompasses companies that are involved in obesity treatment and prevention of relapse into weight gain. BCC Research analyzes each technology or therapy type, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are discussed.
Kim Lawson is a graduate of Mount Holyoke College with a degree in English Literature and an M.A. in management from Harvard University's extension program. She acquired experience as a healthcare journalist, including working for John Wiley & Sons as a print reporter, before serving as a research analyst in a small market research firm (in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina) that focused on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. Before joining that firm, she published two reports on emerging and established diagnostics and therapeutics for benign and cancerous breast disease.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.