Ophthalmic Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for ophthalmic devices reached $16.8 billion and nearly $17.7 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. This market is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% to reach $22.1 billion in 2019.
- A comprehensive analysis of the ophthalmic device market by reviewing recent advances in diagnostic, surgical and implantation devices that can be used to treat prevalent eye conditions
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Breakdowns of the market by device, application, and region.
- Analysis of the recent advances in ophthalmic medical devices and their potential impact on the medical device industry.
- Evaluation of the mareket's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report on ophthalmic devices provides a brief description of the current status of the industry and recent developments. The report analyzes the market trends, and identifies key medical and geographical challenges and rising opportunities in the developed and developing world. Finally, it will provide insights into new developments into ophthalmic and surgical devices that help to improve diagnosis and enhance the treatment of cataracts, glaucoma, refractory and retinal disorders.
Dr. Cheryl L. Barton has more than 10 years of practical pharmaceutical research experience with a leading pharmaceutical company, and has served as a Pan-European Pharmaceutical analyst with a European bank. Dr. C. L. Barton Ltd. aims to provide independent, tailor-made, pharmaceutical thematic research to investment houses. Research reports combine independent scientific analysis with patients- and prescription-based models to forecast the potential sales growth of key developmental drugs and to isolate the key drivers within the pharmaceutical sector. For further information, visit www.pharmavision.co.uk.
Joanne Maddox is an independent medical market analyst. She provides a range of services including competitor and market insight, market forecasting and trend analysis of the medical devices industry, with a key focus on diagnostics, medical imaging, implantable electronics and wound care.