OTC Drugs, Medical Devices and Diagnostics: Global Markets
The global market for OTC drugs, medical devices and diagnostics should grow from $259 billion in 2019 to $361 billion by 2024 at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% for the period of 2019-2024.
- 26 data tables and 22 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, medical devices and diagnostics
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Coverage of various target diseases, including common health disorders and severe chronic diseases where OTC drugs and devices play a key role in the management of diseases
- Assessment of the recent breakthroughs, current research activities, technological hurdles and latest trends related to the field of medical technologies
- Complete understanding about the usage and adoption rate of OTC drugs, devices and diagnostic kits in various regions
- Underlying details of key business opportunities to pivotal stakeholders to expand of business and capture the revenue in the specific verticals to analyze before investing or expanding the horizon within this market
- Competitive landscape encompassing a large chunk of small, medium and large players on both pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices and diagnostics side
- Profile description of leading market players, including 3M, Akron, Bayer AG, Celgene, and Eli Lilly and Co.
This report is an analytical business tool with the primary purpose of providing a thorough evaluation of the global market for OTC drugs, medical devices and diagnostic kits used for self-care and the management of various common diseases.
The report considers only “Western” or modern drugs and excludes any other type of drugs such as alternative therapies. This report covers medical devices and diagnostic kits exempted by the U.S. FDA for OTC use.
This study aims to provide an understanding of the dynamics and forecasts of the OTC drugs, medical devices and diagnostic kits market worldwide and provides key market propositions over a five-year forecast period.
The report covers developed and emerging markets in order to help readers understand:
- Detailed description, including demographics and cost burden, of various diseases including cardiovascular diseases, orthopedic diseases, respiratory disorders, diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal disorders, sleep disorders, skin disorders, and ENT disorders.
- Detailed description and analysis of current OTC drugs, medical devices and diagnostic kits.
- Market characterization, unmet need, and market size and segmentation (by region, by segment, by diseases).
- The current state of the market and the key markets for its future development.
- Major regional trends.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2024.
- Global competitive thrust in terms of competition and market shares.
- Key marketed and pipeline (research and development) products along with information about their regulatory status.
- Strategic landscape (mergers and acquisitions).
- Regulatory structure: new regulations that will influence the development of the OTC drugs, devices and diagnostics market.
- Pricing and reimbursement.
- Observations and conclusions on the future of OTC drugs, medical devices and diagnostics.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
Dr. Ritu Thakur is an independent consultant based in New Delhi, India with 10+ years of experience in consulting, business/market research, business & report writing, analytics, content development & management and translation. She has prior work experience with Panasonic (Healthcare Division), GlobalData (U.K.-based market research firm) and several other development stage/early stage companies including Biovo, Diabesity, Medibrane, ScaleThings, EndoGI, Ramot Biomedical Eng and NeverWet. In her previous assignments, she has delivered hundreds of small to large scale custom projects on pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology subjects. She has developed reports for BCC Research for more than four years and has worked as an author for healthcare and other related industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices.