Therapeutics and Biomaterials for Musculoskeletal Disease: Global Markets
The global market for musculoskeletal disease is currently approaching $45 billion. The overall 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is forecasted to be about 5%, bringing the total market to more than $57 billion by 2014.
Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis currently represent 53% of the total market. The RA market was worth an estimated $9.5 billion in 2009 and should reach nearly $12.5 billion by 2015, while the osteoarthritis segment was valued at $14.5 billion in 2009 and should reach an estimated $19 billion by 2014. For both sectors this represents a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6%.
Lupus is an emerging area for development, as outcome measures and understanding of the disease pathology become more refined. This segment was valued at $1.5 billion in 2009 and is projected to reach $2 billion by 2014, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers