Wearable Medical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for wearable medical devices was valued at $4.8 billion in 2015. This market is expected to increase from $5.5 billion in 2016 to nearly $19.5 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28.8% for 2016-2021.
- An overview of the global markets for wearable medical devices
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Coverage of how these devices monitor blood sugar, glucose, and chronic diseases like heart diseases, diabetes, and various other parameters and provide local processing, feedbacks and reports, communication capabilities, and easy & timely sensing abilities
- Evaluation of factors, such as the large number of ongoing projects and innovations in the healthcare and electronics sectors, the rising incidences of chronic diseases among all demographics, the growing capabilities, and the ease of use of medical devices
- A look at how the market faces certain drawbacks, such as high costs of devices, issues in reimbursement, and lack of awareness in the developing countries, such as India, Brazil, and Mexico
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
Wearable medical devices include devices and technologies (e.g., wearable glucose monitoring and drug delivery devices, activity monitors, smart clothing, smart equipment, wearable vital sign monitors, smart watches and etc.), which are relatively new, more advanced, and have better outcomes in the health monitoring and management of certain chronic diseases. This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to describe the thorough evaluation of the global market for wearable medical device technologies. The format of the study is organized around the following topics:
- Detailed study around wearable medical devices and technologies
- Target disease demographics and cost burden.
- Regulatory structure.
- Market characterization, unmet need, market size, and segmentation.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2021.
- Competition and market shares.
- Pricing and reimbursement.
- Marketed and pipeline (R&D) products along with a description, regulatory status, and clinical trials.
- Observations and conclusions regarding the future of medical device technologies.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
Dr. Ritu Thakur is an independent consultant based in New Delhi, India with 10+ years of experience in consulting, business/market research, business & report writing, analytics, content development & management and translation. She has prior work experience with Panasonic (Healthcare Division), GlobalData (U.K.-based market research firm) and several other development stage/early stage companies including Biovo, Diabesity, Medibrane, ScaleThings, EndoGI, Ramot Biomedical Eng and NeverWet. In her previous assignments, she has delivered hundreds of small to large scale custom projects on pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology subjects. She has developed reports for BCC Research for more than four years and has worked as an author for healthcare and other related industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices.
- Bariatric Surgery: Global Markets for Services and Devices (HLC153B).
- Wearable Medical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC192A).
- Global Markets for Emerging Medical Device Technologies (HLC191A).
- Needle-Free Devices: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC178A).
- Medication Automation: Systems, Technologies and Global Markets (PHM182A).
- Smart Pills: Applications and Global Markets (PHM181A).