Antennas for Systems and Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
Overall sales in global antenna market were $10.7 billion in 2008, which came down to $10 billion in 2009 due to global recession. This is projected to reach $13.3 billion in 2014 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8%
BCC Research forecasts that the defense and surveillance applications sector will grow fastest resulting in an almost 5% rise in market share. This sector was worth $1.2 billion in 2009 and is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13% to reach 2.1 billion by 2014.
Wireless communications have made antennas almost indispensable to sectors such as computing applications and residential/industrial/commercial premises and user devices. Wireless telecommunications infrastructure was worth nearly $1.9 billion in 2009 and should reach $2.2 billion by 2014, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7%.
Antennas may represent the most underrated components in telecommunications. While the focus of stakeholders is rightfully on improving transmission and reception faculties of their devices, they are less focused on the components that make this happen.
- Quest for high Q-factor (measure of antenna efficiency)
- Lesser form factor
- Lower interference
- Low power consumption
- Adaptability to multiple frequency bands
- Forecasting the market size for antennas in terms of dollar sales and shipment volumes
- Providing insight into the prospects of antennas in various end-user segments
- Examining the appeal, benefits, limitations, and prospects for diverse antenna technologies
- Analyzing the limitations of conventional metal centric antenna design and exploring alternative materials such as ceramic as well as identifying the prospects for niche materials such as polytetrafluoroethelene (PTFE) and electrified gas
- Highlighting the regional dynamics that influence the antenna market scenario
- Highlight the roles played by major stakeholders and players
- Provide an overview of the activities of influential companies
- Examine crucial innovation breakthroughs through a detailed patent analysis
- It identifies the major technologies and materials that play a role in antenna synthesis.
- It defines major end-application categories for antenna systems.
- It breaks down the dollar value and shipment volume antenna market along end-application sectors.
- Each end-application sector is further broken down along antenna technology, antenna material, and geographical region.
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and contract manufacturers of antenna systems and components in identifying the size and regional distribution of the antenna market
- OEMs of products that embed antennas in understanding the technology and material pricing trends for antennas in their sector
- Service providers and network designers in knowing the prospects of specific antennas in their domain.
- This study has gone into the basic workings of all leading antenna types to identify major technology and material groups.
- It has then broken down the end-user market into distinct sectors.
- The prospects for each technology and material for each of the end-user application sectors were identified based on the absolute size of electronic devices in that market, prospects for wireless communication in that market, and the contribution of antennas to the bill of materials in the wireless devices used in each sector.
- Regional growth trends in relation to the strengths of respective sectors, technologies and materials are noted with reference to geographical regions.
- Historical pricing trends and the impact of financial meltdown on these pricing trends are also studied.
- Published industry data
- Shipment reports of non-listed companies
- 10-K reports
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers