Global Markets for Security Technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT)
The global market for Internet of Things (IoT) security solutions reached nearly $3.7 billion in 2016, and it is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% over the next five years to reach a market size of more than $11.4 billion by 2021.
- An overview of the global market for Internet of Things (IoT) security solutions
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Analyses of the market segmented by type of security threat, application, and region.
- A look at security solutions for real-time device and user authentication, fraudulent intrusion detection, antihacking software, and threat-detection solutions
- In-depth analysis of government regulations surrounding the standards and security protocols that IoT systems need to comply
- Coverage of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, challenges, restraints, and market opportunities at various levels
- Profiles of major players in the industry
This report analyzes the market for commercialized IoT security solutions. It helps readers to understand how the IoT security solutions market will evolve, as well as the trends that will impact its adoption. The report focuses on security solutions that have been developed or customized to meet the unique needs of IoT systems. Services provided for integrating such solutions or managed security services are not included in the scope of this report.
This BCC Research study was conducted with a global perspective in terms of the IoT security solution technology and its applications. Market projections have been conducted for five geographic regions: North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia-Pacific. All market reported revenues are in constant 2016 U.S. dollars.
The report also provides an understanding of the technologies used for IoT security solutions and the roles that new standards may have on these solutions in the foreseeable future.
The report contains:
- An in-depth analysis of the market for technologies used in most IoT security solutions by different applications.
- New technology developments for IoT security solutions that will impact the development of future products.
- Current and potential demand for such solutions across different verticals such as automotive, healthcare, smart homes and smart cities.
- Current and future market projections for IoT security solutions from 2015 to 2021
- Profiles of current industry players, including IoT security solution providers and industry groups working toward developing industry standards.
- Overview of partnerships, important acquisitions and venture capital funding activity in IoT security solution startups.
- A review of the market opportunities and challenges for current and new industry participants.
Nandita Bhotika is a freelance market research professional with a strong market research background. She has worked as a senior analyst in the information technology group for Frost & Sullivan in India and the U.S. She also developed data-driven market research for the group’s global IT research markets. She has worked on data analysis projects for companies such as Samsung.
Her strength is in analyzing new markets and technology trends, especially in information technology, and she has worked as a market consultant to service providers, especially in the internet service provider segment. She has in-depth knowledge of the composite industry and its application in the wind energy market.
She has authored the BCC Research report on Technologies and Global Markets in Unified Communication and Collaboration, which covers the developments in the unified communications market and their impact on the global market.
She recently published another BCC Research market report on Technology Platforms for the Internet of Things, which gives an understanding of the market for IoT platforms, as well as the technologies and trends impacting this market.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.