Smart Manufacturing: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for smart manufacturing should reach $392 billion by 2020 from $159 billion in 2015, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.8% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and related technologies for smart manufacturing
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020
- Highlights of major goals the technology aims to achieve: interconnected, interdependent, and integrated manufacturing processes that leverage data to deliver greater information, leading to greater productivity and less waste
- Coverage of an array of IT products and services, including:
- Networks & Gateways
- A particular focus on the wearables segment in manufacturing as the growth of that segment may differ from the rest
- The market broken down by region, by industry, and by type of manufacturing
- Profiles of major players in the industry
This BCC Research study on smart manufacturing was conducted with a global perspective. Market projections for investments in smart manufacturing were developed for the five major regions with all market table values in 2016 U.S. dollars. The report provides an understanding of the way markets will be affected by smart manufacturing and insight into the new opportunities created by smart manufacturing.
The report contains:
- An in-depth analysis of the technologies used for smart manufacturing.
- Current and future market projections for smart manufacturing by region.
- Current and potential applications for smart manufacturing.
- Current and future market projections for smart manufacturing by industry.
- Profiles of current industry players, including suppliers of devices, connectivity, and platforms as well as service providers and users.
- A review of the economic/market opportunities for current industry participants and new entrants.
Nathalie Granato has more than 20 years of experience in IT market research and competitive intelligence, including nearly a decade working IBM. An industry analyst and subject matter expert on IT and competitive intelligence, she develops market strategies, projections and segmentation.