Environmental Sensing and Monitoring Technologies: Global Markets
BCC research estimates that the global environmental sensor and monitoring business will grow from $13.2 billion in 2014 to nearly $17.6 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for environmental sensing and monitoring technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Information on emerging growth areas, such as large-scale monitoring networks.
- Breakdowns of sensor applications into categories including temperature sensing, moisture detection, and biological and chemical detection.
- Company profiles, including overseas manufacturers as well as development stage companies in which the most innovative technologies are originating.
- Relevant patent activity analysis.
This BCC study focuses on key environmental sensor technologies and applications. It also provides data regarding the size and growth of numerous sensor markets, company profiles, and industry trends. Cutting edge developments, research priorities, and potential business opportunities are also examined.
This report covers:
- The environmental sensor industry and its structure, and the many companies involved in providing these products.
- Emerging growth areas, such as large-scale monitoring networks.
- Development stage companies in which the most innovative technologies are originating.
- Markets for environmental sensors, including passive, active, electromechanical and semiconductors.
- Sensor applications in temperature sensing, moisture detection, and biological and chemical detection.
- Company profiles, including overseas manufacturers.
- Patent activity.
Project Analyst Kevin Gainer is the former Managing Editor of the BCC journal Energy. He holds both B.A. and M.A. degrees in Quantitative Economic Analysis, as well as a minor in Environmental Science, and has 25 years of economics and market research experience, including nine years as an energy analyst at the American Electric Power Corporation. He is the author of five published books, as well as dozens of technical papers, analyses and studies published in conference proceedings and many unpublished within corporations. He has worked as a Project Analyst at BCC Research since 1995 and has authored many BCC technology market research reports.
The global environmental sensor and monitoring market was valued at $11.1 billion in 2010. This market is expected to reach $11.3 billion in 2011 and $15.3 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% between 2011 and 2016.
- The global market for environmental sensing and monitoring technologies was worth $9.1 billion in 2008 and an estimated $10.1 billion in 2009. This should reach $13 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.
- Radon, GPS, remote sensing and new technologies have the largest share of the market, generating $4.9 billion in 2008 and an estimated $5.1 billion in 2009. This segment is expected to be worth $6.8 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 6.2%.
- Terrestrial sensing and monitoring technologies combine for the second-largest market share, generating $2.6 billion in 2008 and an estimated $2.7 billion in 2009. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% to reach $3.4 billion in 2014.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.