Global Markets and Technologies for Sensors -- Focus on Image Sensors
- An overview of the global market for sensors in various applications; this report focuses on Image Sensors.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013 and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Explanations of the role of sensors in various applications, the technology and innovation behind sensor development and production, and major market trends both in terms of region and application sector.
- Evaluations of new developments in the sensors industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Sensors convert physical phenomenon into a quantity measurable by a data acquisition system and thus are an important part of any measurement and automation application. Sensors are being used in an increasing number of industries and applications, while continually opening up new fields of application. Today’s production technologies, modern vehicles, innovative medical devices, smart power supply systems and building technologies are inconceivable without sensors. Advanced electronic control systems provide sensor users ongoing advances in sensor accuracy, reliability, response time, robustness, miniaturization, communications capability and efficiencies. Sensors also continue to improve in quality as they become more specific and robust, often smarter and more communicative and yet they are becoming less expensive because of improved production methods.
Sensors are found in most spheres of life today. The need for sensors is increasing dramatically with the ongoing boom in smart mobile communication technologies and tablet PCs. Many companies are already researching novel types of sensors for these applications. Mobile phones with face recognition are just around the corner. Cell phones with integrated spectrometers to measure food freshness are no longer inconceivable, even though at present they seem a rather long way off.
STUDY GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
This report studies and highlights the role of sensors in various applications, explains the technology and innovation behind sensor development and production, and gives a market overview, analyzing major market trends both in terms of region and application sector. In addition, the report studies in detail the new developments taking place in the sensor industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance. The report analyzes the market for various types of sensors as well as for the technologies involved. The market for various emerging technologies in sensors as well as the new products produced using these technologies are reviewed in the report.
The report also analyzes the various applications of sensors in detail and the markets of such applications, with special emphasis on the new products being developed and the markets for these products. Along with the development of new products, research and development is taking the sensor technology to new heights, and a close look into such technologies has been made in the report.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
For any company to succeed in a competitive market, product opportunities must be identified from the viewpoint of company’s strengths. For this, it is necessary to understand the size and growth rate of any opportunity and the competitive atmosphere in which the company exists. This report presents the ideal medium to understand the various exciting and growing opportunities in the field of sensors and various types of applications, and will help prospective manufacturers, distributors or even users to understand and succeed in this growing field.
This report is intended to help:
- Marketing managers to identify newer market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for sensors and related products.
- Research and development professionals to stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for sensors and to develop new products and for newer applications.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the sensor industry to understand the products and to develop messages and images that will influence consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives to understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible new markets.
- Information and research center librarians to provide market researchers, and brand and product managers with the information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report has been prepared in a simple, easy to understand format with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of sensors and their applications with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
This report only covers conventional sensors, such as pressure, temperature, level, flow and position sensors, and does not cover unconventional types of sensors such as pointing sensors (e.g., touch screens and touch-pads, barcode readers and RFID readers for identification purposes, remote-readout and intelligent power meters, gas and water meters, as well as remote-readout heat meters).
Initially, a comprehensive and exhaustive search of the literature on sensors was conducted. These sources included sensor journals and related books, trade literature, marketing literature, other product/promotional literature, annual reports, security analyst reports and other publications. A patent search and analysis were also conducted. Subsequently, telephone interviews and email correspondence was conducted with marketing executives, product sales engineers, international sales managers, application engineers and other personnel of sensor companies. Other sources included sensor magazines, academics, technology suppliers, technical experts and consulting companies.
The primary information sources include manufacturers and suppliers of sensors and associated products around the world, raw material suppliers for manufacture of these products, major users of these products, research organizations, governmental agencies, trade associations and various equipment suppliers. Additional secondary research of sources, such as databases, trade literature, specialized journals and government statistics, were researched while compiling this report.
The analyst, Srinivasa Rajaram, is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He also was senior vice president of M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture, and has authored several technology market research reports for BCC Research.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.