Lyophilization Equipment and Services: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for lyophilization/freeze-drying equipment and related contract manufacturing organization (CMO) services was $15.9 billion in 2012. The composite revenues projected for 2013 are nearly $17.6 billion and $28.7 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4% between 2013 and 2018.
- An overview of the global market for lyophilization and freeze-drying equipment and services products.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Identification of, and market projections for, lypholization/freeze drying equipment, and market data used in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology, food, and chemical industries, and other sectors.
- Examination of the components of freeze-drying equipment, including the drying chamber, condenser, vacuum system, and process control instrumentation.
- Patent analysis.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
Current and projected equipment and services markets are forecast during the five-year period, 2013 to 2018. New equipment and process improvements are discussed. Revenue figures for 2011 are an actual figure. Revenue figures for 2012 are an actual figure except where actual results have not been reported, due to the release timing of the report.
The report includes analysis of leading and emerging products. Profiles of producers of leading products and their specific products are provided. The report also assesses companies poised to introduce products during the forecast period and discusses how these introductions will change the face of the competitive environment. Market figures are based on revenues at the manufacturers’ level and are projected at 2012-dollar value. Inflation is not computed into the projection figures. Trends are assessed based on projected sales for existing products, for new product introductions, expanded markets for existing products, and other factors affecting the market.
Included in this report are forecasts by product, product category, and by company from 2011 through 2018. The study is arranged to offer an overview of existing equipment, companies, products, and geography with forecasts broken down and covered by geographic region or country. Patent and Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activities are discussed.
Figures are reported in U.S. dollars and in each case reflect currency fluctuations within the performance of revenue change. Revenue figures do not account for variation in local currencies.
All market share data presented is on a global basis, unless specifically noted.
Jackson Highsmith is a life sciences research consultant with more than 16 years of research experience. Jackson has been consulting with specialty pharmaceuticals and large pharmaceutical industry players since 2007. Prior to that, he worked at a large research consultancy, where he focused on in-depth research; he also has worked at a large pharmaceutical company in a wide range of medical therapeutics in early- and mid-stage drug development. Jackson Highsmith is a pseudonym of the author.