Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment -- Focus on Mass and Hyphenated Spectroscopy
- An overview of the global market for spectroscopy, including definitions and history of the science, and an introduction to the different types of spectroscopy equipment; this report focuses on mass and hyphenated spectroscopy
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Discussion of the different types of spectroscopic analysis: bulk, mixture, surface, and spectroscopic microanalysis
- Examination of the markets for spectroscopic instruments by their typical applications; these applications are broken into six main groups: biotechnology, environmental, food and beverage, industrial chemistry, materials, and pharmaceuticals
- Evaluations of the technology, with an emphasis on both established and new spectroscopic technologies
- Coverage of the structure and activities of the spectroscopic industry, with emphasis on industry classification, the active mergers-and-acquisitions (M&A) business, marketing and competitive factors, and major domestic producers and suppliers
- Comprehensive company profiles of the major suppliers in the industry.
BCC’s goal in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for spectroscopy. The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis of spectroscopy as an important tool for use in analytical methods, both now and in the future.
This report explores present and future trends within the spectroscopy market, which includes molecular, atomic, mass/hyphenated, and some other types of spectroscopies. These spectroscopies are further divided into various types, which are described in detail. The improvisation, setbacks and needs of the market are discussed in this report. The classifications and usage of these types of analytical methods are also portrayed.
The report aims to identify the factors driving the market during this period (2009 through 2012) and provides extensive analysis of the industry, current market trends, industry drivers, and challenges, in order to enable a better understanding of the market structure. A detailed analysis of spectroscopy industry structure has been conducted. Revenues are broken down for regions by type and end users. Sales figures are estimated for the five-year period from 2012 through 2017.
Applications for different types of spectroscopy methods are also discussed in the report. The report also covers significant patents and their allotments in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
After the economic downturn of 2009, the analytical instrumentation industry’s business appeared to start recovering in 2010, primarily due to the burgeoning requirements of the life sciences and pharmaceutical industries, substantial demands from the chemical and petrochemical industries, and growing environmental concerns. Therefore, extensive research in the field of spectroscopies has become necessary, since they play a major role in the analytical market.
R&D spending, along with increasing competition in terms of the sensitivity and performance of new technologies, are a few of the factors that are moving this industry into a different era. New advancements and new product launches have influenced the market to grow for the foreseeable future. This study looks at almost all of the systems affected by these factors.
Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report. This study also discusses the strength and weaknesses of each type/category/technology in light of new technologies, growing competition, and changing customer needs.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
This study identifies the areas of market growth among spectroscopy manufacturers and users. Pharmaceutical biotechnical companies and research institutes will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses spectroscopy in pharmaceutical and biotechnology, environmental, food and beverage, and other industries. BCC analyzes each market in terms of its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections, and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The report splits the worldwide market into North America, Europe, and the emerging markets. The emerging market for spectroscopy includes countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc. The North American market covers the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals, and many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers of enzyme inhibitors technical experts. Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions, and market trends.
Many companies were surveyed to obtain data for this study. Included were manufacturers and end users of kinase inhibitors in therapeutic categories and various disease sector industries. Data were gathered from various industry sources. BCC spoke with officials within the industry, and consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature, and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases using key terminology searches were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade and government sources.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
This publication provides informative material of a professional nature. It does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide or an endorsement of any given product or company. This information is intended to be as accurate as possible at the time it was written and was undertaken on a best-effort basis. The views expressed are those of the author and do not make any warranty, express or implied, for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information, or for the interpretation of data or its use by others. Projections involve risks and uncertainties that include but are not limited to technical risks associated with technology development, government regulatory approvals, and access to capital. The author assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages that may result from one’s reliance on this material.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)