The global market for process analytical technology (PAT) instrumentation was valued at nearly $195 million in 2010. This market is expected to increase by a 7.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach an estimated $279 million in 2015.
The PAT market is basically segmented as instrumentation and tools, services, and applications. This will enable the reader to intensely comprehend the technicalities, drivers, hindrances, opportunities, market estimates, related developments, and innovations involved in each of these markets. The PAT instrumentation is further segmented as
- Chromatographic methods: HPLC, GC, TLC, GC/MS
- Spectrophotometric methods: UV-VIS, IR, NIR, AA, NMR, XRD, MS
- Capillary electrophoresis methods: Zone, isoelectric focusing, Isotachophoresis
- Particle sizer analysis methods: Laser, microscopic, photozone, sieving, SEC
- Dissolution methods: HPLC, UV, automated
- Automated analytical methods: Robots, automated analysis
- Titration tools
The PAT services market is segmented as data management and software maintenance, consulting and implementation services, engineering solutions, calibration services, and others.
- Process application: Raw material ID, blending, drying, extrusion, compression, coating, packaging, fermentation, bioreaction, crystallization, lyophilization, solvent recovers, others
- Measurement capabilities: API concentration, content uniformity, material ID confirmation, coating thickness, biomass measurement, impurity concentration, out gas monitoring, purity, lubricant uniformity, moisture, coating coverage, nutrient concentration, optical density
- Other key applications
Such macro- to micro-level approaches enhance the breadth of analysis and accuracy of the market estimates. This report covers all these markets at the global level segmented as the Americas (i.e., North America and Latin America), Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World (ROW), which includes the Middle East and other countries. The report also profiles key companies with respect to their overall backgrounds, product and service portfolios, recent developments, key strategies, and other relevant analyses.
Varsha Bhat has more than 5 years experience in market intelligence, business research, strategic consulting, and analytics. She has immense experience in the healthcare domain with respect to pharmaceuticals, pharma chemicals and technologies, and the life sciences market. She has been constantly tracking, authoring, and interacting with top market participants in these domains and has conducted high-level briefings. She has been continuously delivering research services that contain high-level analysis, strategic recommendation, and top business strategies to enhance the market shares of industry players. She also has extensive experience in leading and training a global research and analytics team. She has considerable access to market research models that involve economic analysis, strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats (SWOT) and TOWS matrices, pricing analysis, and segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) techniques. She holds a B.Sc. in biotechnology and an MBA in marketing.