RFID: Technology, Applications, and Global Markets
The global market for RFID (radio frequency identification) technologies was valued at roughly $9.7 billion in 2013 and increased to nearly $11.1 billion in 2014. By 2019, this market should approach $24 billion, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.7% for the five-year period, 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global markets for RFID technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Analysis of the importance of new technologies to the RFID industry as a whole.
- Details concerning the market's drivers, constraints, and opportunities.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the field.
This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to describe and analyze the size and dynamics of the global market for RFID products and applications. Major sections of the report cover the following topics:
- Summary of findings and conclusions
- Overview of the RFID industry
- RFID technologies, applications, and end-users
- Market size and segmentation, 2013
- Market drivers and constraints
- Detailed market projections by market segment, 2014 to 2019
- Regulatory, environmental, and health issues
- Intellectual property (patent analysis)
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Electric Vehicles and Fuel Cell Vehicles: Global Markets (FCB040D)
- Microscopy: The Global Market (IAS017G)
- Implosion Manufacturing: Novel Nanotech Methods for Next Generation Materials (NAN065A)
- Civil engineering Services for Public Works Infrastructure Projects: North America (ENG023A)
- Organic Foods and Beverages: Global Markets (FOD067B)
BCC estimates the total global market for RFID technologies at about $5.9 billion in 2009 and $6.4 billion in 2010. By 2015, BCC expects the market to grow to $11.3 billion, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% over the next 5 years.
Tags, readers, and other hardware are worth $4.9 billion in 2010. Hardware expenditures are growing more slowly than software and integration services and are expected to represent a smaller share (75%) of the RFID market by 2015. This sector will still experience an 11.5% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through the forecast period, reaching a value of nearly $8.5 billion.
Software and other integration services are worth nearly $1.5 billion in 2010. This sector is expected to reach $2.8 billion in 2015, a 14% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).