Soil Moisture Sensors: Global Markets to 2022
The global soil moisture sensor technologies market should reach $274.4 million by 2022 from $131.3 million in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from 2017 to 2022.
- 62 data tables
- An overview of the global market for soil moisture sensors and technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 to 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Discussion of the major trends and challenges that are affecting the market
- A look at background and history of soil moisture measurement, along with future developments and innovations
- Details on key mergers and acquisitions, and strategies used by various stakeholders
- Profiles of major companies and vendors in the market, including Acclima Inc., Campbell Scientific Inc., Dynamax Inc., Hydrawize Pty. Ltd., Onset Computer Corp., and Rain Bird Corp.
Soil moisture sensors are defined as sensors that are used in determining moisture/water content in soil. This is a key step towards increased efficiency in agriculture. Soil moisture sensors, along with measuring the water content are also capable of measuring another property of moisture in soil called water potential. Accurate measurement of soil moisture helps farmers with efficient farm practices. Soil moisture sensors are used in a range of other areas such as construction, research (e.g., soil), environmental science, climate research, etc.
The report begins by introducing the reader to how the global market for soil moisture sensors has evolved over time and how various factors impact the market. The report then proceeds to identify the following:
- Primary forces with a direct impact on the global market for soil moisture sensors.
- Secondary forces that have an indirect impact.
- Key funding and financing in this space.
- Some key challenges that may hinder the growth of this market.
- Key trends visible in the market.
- Leading end-use industries of the global market for soil moisture sensors.
- Demand in Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa and South America for soil moisture sensors.
Ritam Biswas has more than 13 years of experience in the market research and financial research space and has written and consulted on several research and advisory projects in various technology verticals. He has worked as a team leader and lead analyst in several technology businesses and has written numerous reports in areas such as disruptive technology, innovative and new technologies, advanced end-user computing, cloud security, virtualization security, mobile security and deep packet inspection.
- Environmental Sensing and Monitoring Technologies: Global Markets (IAS030D)
- Transparent Conductive Films: Technologies and Global Markets (AVM201A)
- Biodiesel Feedstocks: Technologies, Synthesis, Efficiency and Policies (EGY171A)
- Real-Time Location Services: Technologies and Global Markets (IFT150A)
- Global Markets for Precision Farming (FOD087A)