Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets
BCC estimates the total market for THz systems was valued at $50.2 million in 2012. The market should increase slightly by the end of 2013 to $51.3 million. The development of new commercial THz applications should push the market to $195.3 million in 2018. The diversification of the THz market is expected to accelerate after 2018, and the total market should exceed $942 million by 2023.
- An overview of the global market for terahertz radiation (THz) systems
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Identification of the classes of devices, including imaging devices, spectroscopes, other sensors, communications devices, and computing devices
- Examination of general properties of THz radiation
- Historical milestones in the development of THz radiation devices
- Discussion of emerging and developmental THz radiation technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2018
- Assessments of promising THz applications in the context of user needs and competing technologies
- Industry structure
- Patent analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
The report addresses the emerging global market for THz radiation devices, including the classes of devices listed below.
- Imaging devices.
- Other sensors.
- Communications devices.
- Computing devices.
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- General properties of THz radiation.
- Historical milestones in the development of THz radiation devices.
- Emerging and developmental THz radiation technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2023.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each technology and application during the period 2013 to 2018
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2018 to 2023).
- Industry structure.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS029F)
- Global Hydrogen Economy: Merchant Hydrogen and Hydrogen Purification Technologies (EGY055E)
- Composite Fabrication Technologies: Global Markets to 2023 (MFG054A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Food Safety Testing (FOD011K)
- Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders (NAN015J)
BCC estimates the market for terahertz (THz) radiation devices totaled $83.7 million in 2011. This market will grow to $127 million in 2016. The diversification of the THz market is expected to accelerate after 2016, and the total market should reach $570 million by 2021, a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 35% from 2016 to 2021.
- The global market for THz radiation devices and systems was worth an estimated $77.2 million in 2008. This is expected to decrease slightly to $63.2 million in 2013, but then to increase to $521.4 million in 2018, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.5%.
- Imaging systems generated an estimated $71.8 million in 2008. This is expected to decrease in 2013 and reach $206.7 million in 2018, for a CAGR of 37.2%.
- Spectroscopy systems were worth an estimated $5.4 million in 2008. This should increase to $7.7 million in 2013, for a CAGR of 7.4%.