Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets
BCC estimates the total market for THz systems was valued at $50.2 million in 2012. The market should increase slightly by the end of 2013 to $51.3 million. The development of new commercial THz applications should push the market to $195.3 million in 2018. The diversification of the THz market is expected to accelerate after 2018, and the total market should exceed $942 million by 2023.
- An overview of the global market for terahertz radiation (THz) systems
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Identification of the classes of devices, including imaging devices, spectroscopes, other sensors, communications devices, and computing devices
- Examination of general properties of THz radiation
- Historical milestones in the development of THz radiation devices
- Discussion of emerging and developmental THz radiation technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2018
- Assessments of promising THz applications in the context of user needs and competing technologies
- Industry structure
- Patent analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
The report addresses the emerging global market for THz radiation devices, including the classes of devices listed below.
- Imaging devices.
- Other sensors.
- Communications devices.
- Computing devices.
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- General properties of THz radiation.
- Historical milestones in the development of THz radiation devices.
- Emerging and developmental THz radiation technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2023.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each technology and application during the period 2013 to 2018
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2018 to 2023).
- Industry structure.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
BCC estimates the market for terahertz (THz) radiation devices totaled $83.7 million in 2011. This market will grow to $127 million in 2016. The diversification of the THz market is expected to accelerate after 2016, and the total market should reach $570 million by 2021, a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 35% from 2016 to 2021.
- The global market for THz radiation devices and systems was worth an estimated $77.2 million in 2008. This is expected to decrease slightly to $63.2 million in 2013, but then to increase to $521.4 million in 2018, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.5%.
- Imaging systems generated an estimated $71.8 million in 2008. This is expected to decrease in 2013 and reach $206.7 million in 2018, for a CAGR of 37.2%.
- Spectroscopy systems were worth an estimated $5.4 million in 2008. This should increase to $7.7 million in 2013, for a CAGR of 7.4%.