Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection Equipment: Major Applications and Global Markets
The UV disinfection equipment market reached $790 million in 2010. The market is expected to grow to $1.1 billion in 2013 and $2.1 billion in 2018 for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.1%.
- An overview of the global market for ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Examination of a range of applications, including the treatment of water (municipal and residential drinking water, pool and spa water, water for aquaculture and agriculture, and industrial process water), municipal wastewater, and air and surface disinfection
- Statistical information on markets, applications, industry structure, and dynamics along with technological developments
- Discussion of the market by world region that includes overviews of North America, Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world
- Comprehensive profiles of companies that provide system and plant components, ancillary equipment, and related products and services.
The scope of this report includes an overview of the technological aspects of air, water and surface treatment via UV light as well as an analysis of the market for UV equipment sold in five different end uses: water (municipal and residential drinking water, pool and spa water, water aquaculture and industrial process water), municipal wastewater, air, and the disinfection of foods and beverages and surfaces. A discussion of the UV industry’s structure and brief profiles for major participating companies also are included.
A discussion of the market by world region includes overviews of North America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world. Present market status and policies and incentives that support the industry are given for each country. All market valuations and projections cover the years 2000 to 2018. Market figures are based on the revenues derived from equipment sales and are projected in 2013 constant dollars (i.e., inflation is not computed into the projection figures). The revenue figures are derived from estimated revenues of the key players in a particular year.
During the past 16 years, Susan Hanft has authored more than 30 market research reports for BCC Research in the fields of membrane technology, water and wastewater treatment, and separations used in food and beverage manufacture, medicine, biotechnology, and the oil and gas industry.
The global market for ultraviolet (UV) light disinfection equipment is estimated to be worth $885 million in 2011, and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% during the next 5 years. At this rate, the overall market worth will reach $1.6 billion in 2016.