Drone Technology and Global Markets
The global drone market should reach $52.2 billion by 2023 from $23.6 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.2% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 33 data tables and 26 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for drone technology
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 to 2018 and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Country-specific data and analysis for U.S., China, Russia, the U.K., Australia, Germany, Turkey, U.A.E., Brazil, France, Saudi Arabia, India, South Korea and Japan
- Coverage of history and market dynamics of drones
- Discussion of types of drones including unmanned ground vehicles, unmanned surface vehicles, unmanned marine vehicles and unmanned aerial vehicles
- Description of demand for drones in surveillance, reconnaissance, military combat and commercial applications
- Detailed description of major players in the market, including Aerovironment, Inc., BAE System, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Parrot Drones SAS, Saab Seaeye Ltd. and Xiaomi Inc.
The scope of the report includes an overview of the global market for drones as well as analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, the latter considered the base year, as well as estimates for 2018 through 2023, with projections of CAGR in the forecast period.
The report includes a discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements as well as economic trends affecting the market. It also explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global drone market and current trends within the industry.
The drone market is segmented into two categories:
- Type of unmanned vehicle: ground (UGVs), surface (USVs), underwater (UUVs) and aerial (UAVs).
- Application: Logistics and warehousing, defense, field operations and entertainment.
UGV includes only those unmanned vehicles used for military and commercial applications. It does not include driverless cars used by end consumers.
The report concludes with detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global drone market.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global drone market is expected to grow from $639.9 million in 2014 to $725.5 million in 2015. This market is further expected to grow to $1.2 billion by 2020 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% for the forecast period, 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for drones, classified on the basis of traveling environment into Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Unmanned Surface Vehicles and Unmanned Marine Vehicles (AUVs).
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Analyses of the market by type, by application, by technology, by component and by geography.
- Details discussing the current and future trends and analysis based on various competitive technologies.
- Information on the market's value chain as well as competitive landscape.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Profiles of leading players and their key developments and strategies.