Drone Technology and Global Markets
The global drone technology market is estimated to grow from $29.6 billion in 2022 to $54.7 billion in 2027, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.1% for the period of 2022-2027.
- 47 data tables and 43 additional tables
- A brief overview and up-to-date analysis of the global market for drone technology
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic revenue data for 2021, estimates for 2022, forecasts for 2023 and 2025, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the current and upcoming market potential for drone technology, industry growth drivers, and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and sub-segments
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for global drone technology market, and their corresponding market share analysis based on system/component, technology (drone) type, application, and region
- Updated information on the key market drivers and opportunities, industry shifts and regulations, and other demographic factors that will influence this market demand over the coming years (2022-2027)
- Holistic review of the impact of COVID-19 on global drone technology market with emphasis on how drones have been used during the pandemic crisis
- Discussion of the industry value chain analysis providing a systematic study of key intermediaries involved, with emphasis on component providers, manufacturers and suppliers, and end users
- Analysis of the global drone-related patents and patent applications published, and a review of recent interesting patent publications
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including Catuav, Delair, Deep Trekker and Idea Forge
The scope of the report includes an overview of the global drone market, as well as analyses of global market trends, with data from 2020 and 2021, the latter considered the base year, along with estimates for 2022 through 2027 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections in the forecast period.
The scope of the report covers various enterprises, providing hardware and software, flight operations management, mapping and data-processing tools for drones. It also includes a discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements, as well as economic trends affecting the market. It explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global drone market and current trends within the industry. The report concludes with detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global drone market. The scope of the report, however, does not include players operating in the drone insurance and the drone racing markets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$26.2 billion|
|Market size forecast||$54.7 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 13.1% from 2022 to 2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||System, Type, Application|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for drone technology is expected to grow from $30.0 billion in 2020 to $54.6 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 27 data tables and 61 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for drone technology
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Explanation of the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global drone technology market and evaluation of market size, market forecast, market share analysis and a relevant patent analysis
- Discussion on types of drones including unmanned ground vehicles, unmanned surface vehicles, unmanned marine vehicles and unmanned aerial vehicles
- Market analysis of the various applications of drones and identification of segments with high growth potential
- Description of demand for drones in surveillance, reconnaissance, military combat, and commercial applications
- Highlights of current and future market potential and a detailed analysis of the current market size, and regulatory scenarios
- Market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry and detailed company profiles of major players in the market, including General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., Insitu Inc., AeroVironment Inc., SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd., Oceaneering International Inc., and Northrop Grumman Corp.
The global drone market should reach $52.2 billion by 2023 from $23.6 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.2% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 33 data tables and 26 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for drone technology
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 to 2018 and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Country-specific data and analysis for U.S., China, Russia, the U.K., Australia, Germany, Turkey, U.A.E., Brazil, France, Saudi Arabia, India, South Korea and Japan
- Coverage of history and market dynamics of drones
- Discussion of types of drones including unmanned ground vehicles, unmanned surface vehicles, unmanned marine vehicles and unmanned aerial vehicles
- Description of demand for drones in surveillance, reconnaissance, military combat and commercial applications
- Detailed description of major players in the market, including Aerovironment, Inc., BAE System, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Parrot Drones SAS, Saab Seaeye Ltd. and Xiaomi Inc.
The global drone market is expected to grow from $639.9 million in 2014 to $725.5 million in 2015. This market is further expected to grow to $1.2 billion by 2020 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% for the forecast period, 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for drones, classified on the basis of traveling environment into Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Unmanned Surface Vehicles and Unmanned Marine Vehicles (AUVs).
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Analyses of the market by type, by application, by technology, by component and by geography.
- Details discussing the current and future trends and analysis based on various competitive technologies.
- Information on the market's value chain as well as competitive landscape.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Profiles of leading players and their key developments and strategies.