Global Markets and Technologies for Inorganic Metal Finishing Processes -- Focus on Electroplating and Electroless Plating
- An overview of global and regional markets for various types of inorganic metal finishing technologies and related products, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions; this report will focus on electroplating and electro-less plating.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of new developments taking place in the metal finishing industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance.
- Evaluations of various applications of inorganic metal finishing coatings and the markets for such applications, with special emphasis on the new products being developed and markets for such products.
- Examination of expectations in diverse areas such as performance, ease of application, sustainability, quality, functionality, and environmental properties.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
Metal finishing can be defined as the deposition of a coating, which may be metallic or non-metallic on to a metallic substrate. Metal finishing constitutes various methods used by most industries that manufacture metal parts and manufacturers execute the finishing after a metal part has been formed. Metal finishing can be any activity that alters the surface of a workpiece to attain specific characteristics. It can be a surface treatment yielding a thin film, to enhance the appearance, function or performance of a product, and to give added value and increased marketability. Metal finishing includes a number of operations, including surface preparation, surface pretreatment and then the actual coating process. The coating process may be organic, inorganic or hybrid. In this report, the emphasis will be on inorganic metal coating technologies, relevant processes and products and their respective global as well as regional markets.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report studies and highlights the role of inorganic metal finishing technologies in providing protection, explains the technology and innovation behind development and production of inorganic metal finishing coatings and gives a market overview, analyzing major market trends both in terms of region and application sector. In addition, the report studies in detail the new developments taking place in the metal finishing industry with respect to continuous improvements in environmental performance.
The report analyzes the market for various products as well as for the technologies involved. The market for various emerging technologies in inorganic metal finishing as well as the new products produced using these technologies has been looked into in the report.
The report also analyzes the various applications of inorganic metal finishing coatings in detail and the markets of such applications, with special emphasis on the new products being developed and markets for such products. Along with the development of new products, research and development is taking the metal finishing technology to new heights, and a closer look into such technologies has been made in the report. New applications coming out of emerging technologies are also discussed.
Customers are driving the increased demand for such new technologies with huge expectations in diverse areas such as performance, ease of application, sustainability, quality, functionality, and environmental properties. All of the above expectations require special attention from manufacturers in order to ensure that products meet expected standards and the market remains buoyant. This report pinpoints the need for the industry’s commitment to continuous improvement in environmental performance and takes a glimpse at a future in which the functionality of inorganic metal finishing will be enhanced and transformed from the conventional areas of protection and aesthetics to meet additional and more specific demands.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
For any company to succeed in a competitive market, product opportunities must be identified from the viewpoint of the company’s strengths. For this, it is necessary to understand the size and growth rate of any opportunity and the competitive atmosphere in which the company exists. This report presents the ideal medium to understand the various exciting and growing opportunities in the field of inorganic metal finishing and will help any prospective manufacturer, distributor, or even a user to understand and succeed in this growing field.
CONTRIBUTION OF THE STUDY
This report is intended to help:
- Marketing managers to identify newer market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for inorganic metal finishing technologies and related products.
- Research and development professionals to stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for inorganic metal finishing technologies and to develop new products and for newer applications.
- Business development executives to understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible new markets.
- Information and research center librarians to provide market researchers and brand and product managers with the information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report has been prepared in a simple format, which can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of inorganic metal finishing technologies and related products, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
Primary information sources for this market research include manufacturers and suppliers of inorganic metal finishing products around the world, raw material suppliers for manufacture of these products, major users of these products, research organizations, governmental agencies, trade associations, and various equipment suppliers. Additional secondary research sources include databases, trade literature, specialized journals, and government statistics. These resources have been researched while compiling this report.
The analyst is a mechanical engineer with more than forty years experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has setup factories for production of weighing machines and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in designing, production, and servicing of the above equipment. He was Senior Vice President in M/S Schenck Avery Limited, an Indo-German joint venture and has set up paint shops, electroplating shops and heavy fabrication shops for fabricating and finishing of various structures of weighing and dynamic balancing equipment.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.