2019 Membrane and Separation Technology Research Review
- The global market for sump and submersible pumps should grow from $2.4 billion in 2018 to $3.3 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% for the period 2018-2023.
- The global market for water heaters and water pumps should grow from nearly $17.6 billion in 2018 to $18.3 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 0.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
- The global market for membrane bioreactors (MBRs) should grow from $1.9 billion in 2018 to $3.8 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 14.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
In the recent years, membrane and separation technology has found highly profitable market opportunities in healthcare and life-science industries. The medical membrane device industry has introduced remarkable changes in medicine. An increase in life-threatening diseases has created a surge in the development of devices and techniques to provide better and more affordable care. Manufacturers continuously adopt innovative technologies for higher quality, faster delivery and lower costs. Medical membrane devices have wide-ranging applications in diagnosis, renal therapies, therapeutic apheresis and parenteral nutrition.
Moreover, the use of membranes in the medical device industry has created a positive impact, especially in the diagnostic market. Clinical applications of membrane-based diagnostics are widespread and growing in infectious disease detection, hormone testing, drug monitoring, cardiovascular and congenital disease marker testing, and numerous other indications. Membranes also find prominent use in IV filters. In-line membrane-based filters are used during the infusion of IV medications to prevent the administration of any particulate matter, air or microorganisms present in the IV line. Other applications of membrane medical devices include renal therapies, cardiovascular treatments and therapeutic apheresis.
Vendors in the global market are engaged in enhancing their market reach through various business development strategies such as partnerships, new product development, agreement, geographic expansion and others. Recently, in October 2019, the Australian Red Cross Blood Service and Abbott entered a thirty-year agreement program, in which the former will be utilizing Abbott’s advanced blood and plasma screening technology to monitor and screen donated bloods.
This membrane and separation technology research review provides a sampling of the type of quantitative market information, analysis and guidance that has been aiding business decision making since BCC Research was founded in 1971. It includes excerpts from the following reports:
- MST064A Sump and Submersible Pumps: Global Markets to 2023
- MST065A Water Heaters and Water Pumps: Global Markets
- MST047E Membrane Bioreactors: Global Markets
- MST043G Medical Membrane Devices: Markets and Technologies
- MST041J Membrane Technology for Liquid and Gas Separations
- MST028G The Global Market for Membrane Microfiltration
- MST040E Electrophoresis Technology: Global Markets
- MST074A Novel Water Sustainability Technologies: Key Projects and Opportunities, Financing, and Venture Capital, Transactions and Trends
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
BCC Publishing Staff
BCC publishing staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as electronics and semi-conductors, automotive, industrial automation, ICT, petroleum, electrical engineering, business administration, among others.
- The global market for sensors for trace contaminant detection in water is expected to increase from $1.6 billion in 2017 to $2.2 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% for 2017-2022.
- The global sump and submersible pump market should reach $3.3 billion by 2023 from $2.4 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% for the period 2018-2023.
- The global market for water heaters and water pumps should grow from nearly $17.6 billion in 2018 to $18.3 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for barrier materials that impart controlled-release properties are valued at nearly $600 million in 2010. BCC projects this market will approach $1 billion by 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% for all products worldwide during the 2010 to 2015 forecast period.
The global market for microfiltration membrane products used in liquid separations is estimated at $1.2 billion in 2010. It will rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% during the next 5 years to reach $1.8 billion in 2015, much more rapidly than predicted world GDP growth in most regions, but not as rapidly as the world market for other membrane types, such as reverse osmosis (RO).
The combined U.S. market for membranes used in liquid and gas separating applications is estimated at approximately $1.7 billion in 2010, and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% during the 5-year forecast period from 2010 to 2015 to reach $2.3 billion.