Blood-Brain Barrier Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) technology for therapeutics reached $21.8 million in 2013. This market is expected to grow from $38.7 million in 2014 to $471.5 million in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 64.9% from 2014 through 2019.
- An overview of the global market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) therapeutics and technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- A look at how blood-brain barrier technology will impact the pharmaceutical market.
- Information on applications, market values, growth potential, and significant trends for BBB technology.
- Knowledge most pertinent to biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and related life science, analytics, drug discovery, and diagnostic test manufacturing companies.
- Profiles of leading companies in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study encompasses companies that develop technologies to enable the crossing of the BBB and drug development, in which a quality of the development is enabling the crossing of the BBB, where passage was previously impossible often due to size. BCC Research analyzes each technology, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are discussed.
Kim Lawson is a graduate of Mount Holyoke College with a degree in English Literature and an M.A. in management from Harvard University's extension program. She acquired experience as a healthcare journalist, including working for John Wiley & Sons as a print reporter, before serving as a research analyst in a small market research firm (in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina) that focused on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. Before joining that firm, she published two reports on emerging and established diagnostics and therapeutics for benign and cancerous breast disease.
The global market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) technology for therapeutics amounted to $12.3 million in 2010 and will reach $387 million by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 99.3%.