Drugs for Treating Mental Disorders: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for drugs used in mental disorders was $70.1 billion in 2012 and $68.9 billion in 2013. This market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% from 2013 to 2018 and reach $77.1 billion by 2018.
- An overview of the market for drugs used to treat mental disorders.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Information regarding new drug development in the mental health segment, existing products on the market, and a detailed analysis of the competitive environments.
- An examination of current major market participants in the field, positive drivers and challenges, and other information affecting drug development.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses psychiatric drugs in pharmaceutical markets. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging market for enzyme inhibitors includes countries like India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)
The global mental health pharmaceutical market can be estimated at $80 billion in 2010. This market is expected to increase at a 1.9% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the forecast period to reach a value of $88 billion in 2015.