Breakthrough Therapies: Market Dynamics and Investment Opportunities
The global market for breakthrough therapy designation drugs should reach $99.2 billion by 2022 from $48.8 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.2%, from 2017 to 2022.
- An overview of the global markets for breakthrough therapies, their dynamics, and investment opportunities
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- The challenges and opportunities of developing breakthrough therapies
- A compare and contrast of different fast track drug development approaches (logistics, criteria and implications) and the potential risk and rewards of gaining break through designation
- Analysis of the regulatory environment
- Coverage of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Profiles of major players in the industry
This report highlights the challenges and opportunities of developing breakthrough therapies, it compares and contrasts difference fast track drug development approaches (logistics, criteria, and implications) and the potential risk and rewards of gaining BTD. It analyzes BTD in different therapy areas (cardiovascular, central nervous systems and neurology, rare diseases, oncology and other diseases), leading companies, approved and pipeline products, pricing market access and product revenues. It reviews BTD successes and failures and discusses the different business strategies that companies have adopted in order to maximize the competitive advantage of BTD. It summarizes the current regulatory framework and the potential application of BTD in other regions of the world, and the potential to combine BTD with early access to medicine schemes to improve patient access to medicine to treat rare diseases and address areas of high unmet clinical need.
The practical pharmaceutical research experience of Dr. Cheryl L. Barton with a leading pharmaceutical company spans over ten years; as well, she has served as a Pan-European pharmaceutical analyst with a European bank. With her business, Dr. C.L. Barton Ltd., Dr. Barton provides independent, customized pharmaceutical thematic research to investment houses. Research reports combine independent scientific analysis with patient- and prescription-based models to forecast the potential sales growth of key developmental drugs and to isolate the key drivers within the pharmaceutical sector. For further information, visit www.pharmavision.co.uk.
Dr. Bianca Piachaud-Moustakis has more than 10 years’ experience as a freelance writer and research analyst specializing in pharmaceutical and healthcare intelligence. She has worked for a number of business intelligence providers in the U.K. She has a broad range of writing experience ranging from international academic and practitioner journals to market intelligence reports and short articles. Dr. Piachaud-Moustakis is also a reviewer for international peer-reviewed journals and works as a tutor on advanced-level business studies courses.