Cardiovascular Therapeutic Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets
The global cardiovascular therapeutic drug market was worth $140.7 billion in 2009, and is expected to grow by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% to $144.5 billion in 2010. This market will experience a sizable reduction in the early portion of the forecast period, and then slowly rise to reach $139.8 billion in 2015, a CAGR of -0.7%.
The hypertension segment recorded $64.9 billion in sales in 2009. By a large margin, hypertension is the largest segment within the cardiovascular market, driven by a large number of billion-dollar-plus therapies. The market is expected to grow to $65.3 billion in 2010 and experience a reduction through 2015 to $53.7 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -3.9%.
Treatment for hyperlipidemia recorded sales of more than $33 billion in 2009. Large therapeutic drugs including Lipitor and Crestor comprise a high concentration of this segment. Driven by patent expirations for Lipitor, and other drugs within this segment, the segment will shrink to about $26 billion by 2015, a CAGR of -4.3%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This study provides a comprehensive analysis of cardiovascular therapies on a global basis. Its aim is to provide a range of information, from detailed product analyses within disease subsegments to overall industry trends, in order to quantify and qualify the market for therapeutic drug products in the cardiovascular segment. Individual products are forecast on a global basis, as are overall segments. Forecasts and trends are developed from a cross-reference of data points, gleaned from proprietary industry sources, company publications, industry benchmarking, and other divergent data sources to arrive at a cogent and coordinated forecast.
- Established companies in the industry will benefit from the contents, including corporate strategy, sales and marketing, business development, and R&D.
- Emerging biotechnology players in the segment must understand specific opportunities for out-licensing, originating from the elements of differentiation of their therapeutic drug as compared to leading, competitive, and emerging therapies. As well, market forecasts can support investment, provided a thorough and detailed substantiation is provided for the market forecast, as is found in this study.
- Investment firms evaluating candidates for venture capital or hedged investments will gain insights as to the opportunity and risks that are being encountered in the industry, in a product and company specific analysis.
- Equity analysts are provided detailed forecasts for the next 5 years, substantiated by quantitative analysis that can support further analysis to product and company forecasts over the short and long run.
Jackson Highsmith is a life sciences research consultant with more than 16 years of research experience. Jackson has been consulting with specialty pharmaceuticals and large pharmaceutical industry players since 2007. Prior to that, he worked at a large research consultancy, where he focused on in-depth research; he also has worked at a large pharmaceutical company in a wide range of medical therapeutics in early- and mid-stage drug development.
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers
- Worldwide sales of cardiovascular drugs approached $47 billion in 1999, and the leading 15 products in the class generated sales of approximately $18 billion. Cardiovascular drugs discussed in this report comprise adrenergic inhibitors, adrenergic stimulators, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin II inhibitors, antithrombics, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, diuretics, steroids and steroidal glycosides, vasodilators, vasopressors, and others.
- Market applications reviewed in this report include acute coronary syndrome, angina, arrhythmia, atherosclerosis, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, deep vein thrombosis, edema, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, hypotension, myocardial infarction and stroke.
- Angiotension II inhibitors, which are indicated for the treatment of heart failure and hypertension, are projected to see an average annual growth of nearly 20% and the antithrombic category will see growth approaching 16% throughout the forecast period (2000-2005).
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.