Global Markets for Drug-Device Combinations
The global drug-device combination products market should reach $149 billion by 2026 from $103.5 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.6% for the forecast period of 2021 to 2026.
- 47 tables
- An overview of the global market for drug-device combination products
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019 to 2020, 2021 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for drug-device combinations by type, application, and region
- Coverage of regulatory landscape, product recalls, pipeline products, and discussion on future perspective, strategies, and developments of the industry
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market trends, market size, and market forecast
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies and a relevant patent analysis
- Company profiles of major players, including Abbott, Boston Scientific Corp., Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. and Sanofi S.A.
The current report will provide a detailed introduction to and exploration of the drug-device combination market. This report analyzes the market trends of drug-device combination products with data from 2020, estimates from 2021, projections of compound annual growth rates through 2026 (forecast period 2021-2026) and regional markets of the drug-device combination product market. This report will highlight the current and future market potential of drug-device combinations along with a detailed analysis of the competitive environment. Regulatory scenario, drivers, restraints and opportunities will be covered in the current report. The report also covers market projections for 2026, and the market share for key market players.
The market has been segmented based on product type, application and geography. Based on product type, the market in this report is segmented into drug-device combination products such as drug eluting stents (DES), antimicrobial catheters, photodynamic therapy, autoinjectors, transdermal patches, metered dose inhalers and others), device/biologic drug-device combination products (microneedles, prefilled syringe (PFS), nasal inhalers, nanotechnology generated, implants and others), drug/biologic drug-device combination products (monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADC), wound care and others) and drug and device and biologic. Based on application, the drug-device combination product market is segmented by treatment of the following diseases: oncology, cardiovascular diseases, metabolic disorders, respiratory diseases, orthopedic diseases and others.
The regional market analysis of drug-device combination is also covered in this report. The market has been segmented into various major geographies, including the North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World regions. Detailed analysis of major countries such as the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Italy, France, Japan, China and India are going to be covered within the regional segment. For market estimates, data are going to be provided for 2020 as the base year, with estimates for 2021 and forecast values for 2026.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast period considered||2021-2026|
|Base year market size||$96.4 billion|
|Market size forecast||$148.9 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 7.6% from 2021 to 2026|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Product Type, Application|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia-Pacific|
The sales of drug-device combination products reached $21.4 billion in 2013 and $22 billion in 2014. This market is expected to grow to $31 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for drug-device combinations.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Detailed coverage of such product categories as drug-eluting stents (DES), drug-eluting beads (DEB), antimicrobial catheters, antibiotic-loaded bone cements, glass ionomer cements, bone graft substitutes, antibacterial-releasing dental restorative materials, biologic wound care products such as collagen-based dressings as therapeutic agents for wound healing, drug-device combination products for ocular applications, and photodynamic therapy.
- Detailed patent analysis and research and development updates.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
The market for global drug device combination products was valued at $18.5 billion in 2011 and should reach $19 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $30.5 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9%.
- An overview of the global market for drug-device combinations
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Detailed coverage of such product categories as drug-eluting stents (DES), drug-eluting beads (DEB), antimicrobial catheters, antibiotic-loaded bone cements, glass ionomer cements, bone graft substitutes, antibacterial-releasing dental-restorative materials, biologic wound-care products such as collagen-based dressings as therapeutic agents for wound-healing, drug-device combination products for ocular applications, and photodynamic therapy
- Identification of current and future technologies, products, market segments/end markets, and government and regulatory agencies
- Discussion of participating companies in light of technological strengths and weaknesses, relative market shares, marketing strengths, and innovative marketing practices
- Detailed patent analysis and research and development updates
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
- Overall sales of drug device combination products were $12 billion in 2008 and $13.7 billion in 2009. This is projected to reach $27 billion in 2014 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.5%
- Sales in coronary stents Products were nearly $4.4 billion in 2008 and $4.8 billion in 2009. This market is projected to reach $7.4 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 9%.
- Photodynamic therapies market was $1.3 billion in 2008, which increased slightly in 2009 to $1.5 billion. This market is projected to reach approx $2.6 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 11.6%.
The total market for drug-device combinations worldwide was valued at $5.4 billion in 2004 and is expected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 13.6% to $11.5 billion in 2010.
The star category is drug-eluting stents that will continue to show average annual growth of 11.5%. This will result in the market doubling to $8 billion in 2010.
With the exception of bone graft substitutes and antibiotic bone cements, all categories will show double-digit growth.
The U.S. dominates the market for drug-device combination products, mainly because the largest-selling drug-eluting stents have been enthusiastically accepted in this market and consequently are penetrating the market more quickly than in Europe.