Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging - Focus on Contract Manufacturing
- An overview of the global market for contract pharmaceutical manufacturing, research, and packaging, with emphasis on the outlook of the market and a comprehensive analysis of the overall pharmaceutical and biotechnology outsourcing industry; this report will focus on contract manufacturing.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Examination of the effects on market growth of state-of-the-art packaging facilities as well as expensive research facilities and the capabilities of research organizations.
- Coverage of the market's need for outsourcing, the regulatory environment, and technological issues, including the latest trends and developments.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
BCC Research’s objective in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing, research and packaging markets. The study provides a global as well as a regionally specific market overview. The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis of the current and future direction of contract manufacturing, research and packaging as an important tool for a company’s growth and financial stability and as a way to overcome various trade barriers. It also addresses the role of these organizations in reducing costs, meeting strict regulatory requirements globally, dealing with the effects of patent expiries on market share and in competing in a highly competitive and tough business environment.
A detailed analysis of the industry structure of contract manufacturing, contract research and contract packaging has been conducted. Revenues are broken down by type of industry. Sales figures are estimated for the five-year period from 2013 through 2018.
Applications and various formulations for which contract manufacturing, research and packaging are widely used are also discussed separately in the report. The report also takes into account various new developments and regulatory aspects in this industry. The report also covers significant patents in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Comprehensive research in the fields of contract manufacturing, contract research and contract packaging has revealed their benefits in various industries. Contract manufacturing, research and packaging are advantageous to both parties to the contract as it provides the manufacturing company with financial stability for the duration of the contract and the hiring company the benefit of cost savings, time saved in operating and managing a production facility and research. Many industries have now begun to explore the advantages of contracting their research, production and packaging, leading to a steady market for these services.
Cost control, R&D spend, new technologies, increasing competition and patent expiries resulting in markets for generics are moving this industry in a new direction. New advancements, product launches and changing technologies will drive the growth of the market in the foreseeable future. This study looks at most of the systems affected by these factors.
Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report. This study also discusses the strength and weaknesses of each type of technology in light of the new technologies, growing competition and changing market needs.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
This study contributes to the market growth of contract manufacturers, contract research and contract packaging and users. Pharmaceutical, biotechnical companies, research institutes and companies involved in the packaging of pharma and biotech products will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses contract manufacturers, contract research and contract packaging in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging markets for contract manufacturing research and packaging include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals and many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers of enzyme inhibitors and technical experts. Projections were based on estimates, including the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions and market trends.
Many companies were surveyed to obtain data for this study. Included were manufacturers and end users of kinase inhibitors in various therapeutic categories and disease segments. Data were gathered from various industry sources. BCC spoke with officials within the industry, consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade and government sources.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)