Diagnostics and Therapeutics for HIV: Global Markets
The global market for HIV diagnostics and therapeutics is expected to increase from $30.4 billion in 2023 to $39.3 billion by the end of 2028, with compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
- 27 data tables and 41 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for diagnostics and therapeutics for HIV
- An estimate of the market’s size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2020-2022, estimates for 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2028
- Quantification of the market potential of diagnostics and therapeutics for HIV by drug category, diagnostic test type, and region
- Coverage of HIV timeline and milestones, HIV life cycle, its treatment and mechanism of action, and description of HIV prophylaxis
- Evaluation of market dynamics such as drivers and restraints, current industry trends and patterns, and an assessment of the cost implications for treatments in many countries
- Information on regional awareness programs, WHO initiatives and development of novel therapies, and discussion on rising comorbidities in HIV patients and social stigma associated with STDs
- Coverage of ongoing research and predictions of the market’s future direction
- Insights into the regulatory scenario for the U.S., Europe and Japan, to provide an overview of the regulations for new drug launches and diagnostic kits
- Descriptions of the competitive landscape, product mapping, the strategic initiatives of the leading companies, including their R&D activities
- Profiles of the key companies, including Medtronic, Abbott, Sanofi, Roche, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., and Danaher Corp.
This report organizes information from diverse sources into sections such as an overview, industry structure, diagnostic test type, treatment by drug categories, leading drug profiles and historic drug sales, regulations, reimbursements, and patents. The scope of this report includes an overview of the global market scenario for the diagnosis and treatment of HIV, with base year data from 2022, estimations for 2023 and forecasts for 2028 that are derived using projections of CAGR during the forecast period. Market value data is provided at global, regional, and country levels for treatments by drug categories. Market data for HIV diagnostics is provided for regional levels, with details on test types. Estimated values are based on companies’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
The report forecasts the global market for HIV therapeutics by drug class. It discusses market data for nucleoside/nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), protease inhibitors (PIs), single tablet regimen fixed-dose combination (STR FDC), HIV integrase strand transfer inhibitors (INSTIs) and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). The enzyme inhibitor drug class has been excluded when calculating the global HIV therapeutics market, as there are no late-stage pipeline molecules.
Diagnostic tests such as antigen- and antibody-based tests, CD4 tests and viral load tests are detailed with current and forecasted market data. Antigen- and antibody-based tests cover enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) tests, enzyme immunoassay (EIA) tests, rapid tests, and NAT tests; CD4 tests include tests conducted to monitor the CD4 load; and viral load tests include all PCR-based tests.
A detailed analysis illustrating market dynamics and market structure is incorporated into the report. A Porter’s Five Forces analysis and the supply and distribution chain are discussed in detail to provide an in-depth understanding of this market. The report covers the current regulations and guidelines for diagnostics and therapeutics for HIV, and it provides a survey of the top market players, detailing their business operations, segment focus, revenue, and strategy analysis. The report also features a market share analysis of these leading players, including information about product launches and pipeline products.
In terms of geography, the report analyzes the market across the following regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). Key countries like the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, UK, Italy, China, India and Japan are given special focus due to the high concentration of HIV diagnostics and therapeutics manufacturing companies and contract manufacturing organizations located in these areas.
The base year for the market data in this report is 2022, historical data is provided for 2020 and forecast data is given for 2028. Historical, base year and forecast data are provided for each market segment of the report.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Increase in popularity of home-use HIV diagnosis devices.
- Government initiatives
- Technological advancements
Kalyani Kottapenta – Assistant Manager, Life Sciences
Kalyani Kottapenta is a research professional with nine years of experience in the life sciences and healthcare industry. Her expertise in qualitative and quantitative market information, including market dynamics like market sizing, advanced excel based market modeling, data analysis, forecasting, company share analysis, and competitive landscape assessment of the medical device industry, developing custom reports. She holds a master’s degree in Microbiology and a bachelor’s in Biotechnology and Chemistry.
|Base year considered||2022|
|Forecast period considered||2023-2028|
|Base year market size||$28.8 billion|
|Market size forecast||$39.3 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 5.3% for the forecast period of 2023-2032|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Therapeutic Type, Drug Category, and Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW).|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global HIV therapeutics market should reach $27.1 billion by 2023 from $22.0 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% for the period of 2018 to 2023.
- 37 data tables and 49 additional tables
- Industry analysis of diagnostics and therapeutics for the HIV disease, and its global markets
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for therapeutic drugs for HIV virus by drug categories, diagnostic test types, application sectors and geographical regions
- Country-specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, China, India, France, Germany, U.K., Italy, Spain and Middle East and Africa
- Evaluation of the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints and current industry trends and patterns
- Discussion of the regulatory scenario for United States, Europe, and Japan to provide an overview of the regulations for new drug launches and diagnostic kits
- Examination of cost implications for treatments across a range of countries
- A look at ongoing research and the future direction of the market
- Assessment of the competitive landscape and discussion of the major manufacturers involved in the HIV therapeutics market, key developments and product offerings, including Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Cipla Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co., Siemens Healthineers and Thermo Fisher Scientific
The global market for HIV therapeutics is expected to grow to $18.2 billion in 2013 and $19.6 in 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.5%.
- An overview of the global market for HIV therapeutics and diagnostics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, and estimates and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Discussion of improvements in advanced treatments and diagnostic methods.
- Examination of cost implications for treatments accross a wide range of countries
- A look at ongoing research and the future direction of the market.
The global HIV/AIDS market, including branded products and generics, was valued at $11.3 billion in 2010. This market is expected to reach $11.8 billion in 2011 and increase at a 4.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the 2011-2016 forecast period to reach $14.1 billion in 2016.