Generic Drugs: The Global Market
The global generics market is estimated at about $225 billion in 2011. By 2016, it is expected that the value of the total global generics sector will have risen to $358 billion, representing more than 18% of all pharmaceuticals, a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7% between 2011 and 2016.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report discusses the implications of all the above-mentioned trends, in the context of the current size and growth of the generics market, both in global terms and analyzed by the most important national markets. The nature and structure of the generics industry is discussed, with profiles of the leading 20+ generics companies, and an update on M&A activity. Five-year sales forecasts are provided for the national markets and the major therapeutic categories of products involved.
The report presents overall market size estimates and analysis for the overall global market, as well as more detailed market coverage of the three major segments of the global market: the American market, the European market, and the Asian market. The American market coverage focuses on the largest markets of North and Latin America (the U.S., Canada, Brazil, and Mexico); European market coverage focuses on the markets in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom, as well as an analysis of the Russian market; and Asia market coverage focuses on the three major markets of Japan, China, and India.
Paul Evers has been involved in analyzing pharmaceutical and medical markets for 20 years. He is the author of two previous reports on the generics marketplace as well as analyses of major therapeutic categories and the pharmaceutical regulatory environment.
- The global market for generic drugs was worth $81 billion in 2008, a figure that is expected to reach $84 billion in 2009. In 2014, the market is expected to amount to $168.7 billion, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15% in the 5-year period.
- Sales of U.S. generic drugs currently dominate the market, estimated at $33 billion in 2009 and projected to increase at a CAGR of 10.4% to $54 billion in 2014.
- Japan’s generic drugs market is expected to have the highest rate of growth among major markets at 12.2%, increasing from $5.4 billion in 2009 to $9.6 billion in 2014.
- The U.S. prescription generic drug market is projected to grow from an estimated $11.1 billion in 2001 to more than $19 billion in 2006, representing an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 11.4%.
- Major growth in the market is projected to derive from the respiratory, central nervous system, gastrointestinal and anticancer therapeutic categories.
- Cardiovascular drugs alone represent nearly 21% of the generic prescription drug market.
- Anti-infectives (14.4%) and antiarthritics/analgesics (14.0%) are the next largest generic drug categories.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.