Vaccine Technologies and Global Markets
Global sales of human and animal vaccines reached approximately $25.2 billion in 2009. The market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.9% to reach $64.2 billion by 2015.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses the vaccine human and animal (veterinary) markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications by its need for disease type requiring vaccination, regulatory environment, technology involved, market projections, and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. Among the research topics she has covered are studies on compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest from ibuprofen and 2–naphthyl acetic acid. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in both India and the U.S. Some of her other reports with BCC are Reagents of Chromatography; Spectroscopy, an Enduring Market; Advanced Drug Delivery Systems: New Developments, New Technologies; Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices; Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment; Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry; The Dynamic Media, Sera and Reagent Market in Biotechnology; Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging; Chiral Technology: Global Markets; Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets; Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets; Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market; Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets; Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices; and Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.
The lead consultant for this project was Ms. Taruna Chhabra, who holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology and is a member of the National Honor Society for Biological Sciences (BBB).
- The global market for vaccines is expected to reach $22.4 billion by the end of 2008. It should reach $36.3 billion by 2013, a com¬pound annual growth rate (CAGR) of nearly 11%.
- Although pediatric vaccines traditionally have had the largest share of the market, adult and therapeutic vaccines will likely usurp this position in the near future.
- Patent activity has heightened to an almost frenzied level over the study period, with as many as 250 each year for 2006 and 2007.
- The total worldwide market for prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines is estimated to be $5.8 billion in 2001.
- Growing at an average annual rate (AAGR) of 11.6%, this market is expected to approach $10 billion in 2006.
- Pediatric prophylactic vaccines make up 58% of the current market, but will show the slowest growth, at an AAGR of 8.7% through 2006.
- Adult prophylactic vaccines are the second largest group with sales of nearly $2.4 billion in 2001 and are expected to rise at an AAGR of 10.1% to more than $3.8 billion in 2006.
- Therapeutic vaccines will feature growth of more than 100% on average per year through the period, but by 2006 will still make up only 10.5% of the market.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.