The Global Influenza Market
The global influenza market will grow from nearly $3.8 billion in 2012 to $4 billion in 2013. Market revenue is forecast to increase at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% from 2013 to 2018, totaling nearly $6 billion in 2018.
- An overview of the global market for influenza vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2013 and 2018.
- Information about products available, products in development, issues and trends influencing the market, and competitive analysis of top providers, with a special emphasis on U.S. and European markets.
- Discussion of efforts by government agencies and disease prevention organizations to support and fund research and development programs, and pandemic prevention.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that provides a thorough evaluation of the market for influenza vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics. The geographic scope of this study is worldwide, with emphasis on U.S. and European data. The report identifies markets in general segments: Vaccines/Therapeutics and Diagnostics. Each market segment discussion provides detailed information based on product categories, uses of products, forecasts and competitive analyses. Additionally, the study covers some of the most significant issues, trends and market factors.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in medical treatments, equipment and devices. Ms. Elder holds an MBA in Health Care Management and provides consultation to various institutions globally. She has been involved in the healthcare industry since 1996, providing more than 23 years of industry expertise. Ms. Elder has specialized in market research for more than 20 years, focusing on the areas of advanced medical technologies, biological products and animal health. In-depth analysis into more than 100 health-related topics has given Ms. Elder substantial insight into industry dynamics, market influences and future direction of various health markets. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare specialties. She has authored several industry-specific documents and is a well-respected contributor to the market research community. Her writings are published in magazines, newspapers and professional journals. She is also an experienced custom market research writer who has worked with a large variety of clients in many fields who require innumerable variations to research documents.
- Conventional and Alternative Pain Treatment Markets (HLC266A)
- Global Markets for Animal Therapeutics and Diagnostics (HLC034F)
- Global Dental Markets: Furniture, Equipment, Materials and Supplies (HLC028F)
- Pharmacy Automation: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS026F)
- World Markets for Fermentation Ingredients (FOD020F)
- Overall sales in the global influenza market were worth $5.3 billion in 2007, which declined to $3.7 billion in 2008, then increased to an estimated $5.5 billion in 2009. By 2014, it is projected to increase to $6.3 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 2.7%.
- The largest segment of the market, vaccines, was valued at $2.8 billion in 2008; this is expected to increase to $3.2 billion in 2009, and is projected to reach $4.2 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 5.6%.
- Sales in the therapeutics market amounted to $701 million in 2008, increased to an estimated $2.1 billion in 2009, and are expected to fall to $1.9 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of -2.4%.
- By 2010, the worldwide influenza market is likely to reach $7.1 billion, with average annual growth estimated at 19.8%.
- The worldwide influenza market is estimated at $2.9 billion in 2005, up from $1.5 billion the previous year.
- The market is estimated to reach $7.1 billion in 2010, an increase of more than $4.2 billion over the forecast period.
- The worldwide therapeutics/vaccines market is likely to reach $6.9 billion in 2010, with average annual growth estimated at 20.8%.