The Global Influenza Market
The global influenza market will grow from nearly $3.8 billion in 2012 to $4 billion in 2013. Market revenue is forecast to increase at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% from 2013 to 2018, totaling nearly $6 billion in 2018.
- An overview of the global market for influenza vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2013 and 2018.
- Information about products available, products in development, issues and trends influencing the market, and competitive analysis of top providers, with a special emphasis on U.S. and European markets.
- Discussion of efforts by government agencies and disease prevention organizations to support and fund research and development programs, and pandemic prevention.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that provides a thorough evaluation of the market for influenza vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics. The geographic scope of this study is worldwide, with emphasis on U.S. and European data. The report identifies markets in general segments: Vaccines/Therapeutics and Diagnostics. Each market segment discussion provides detailed information based on product categories, uses of products, forecasts and competitive analyses. Additionally, the study covers some of the most significant issues, trends and market factors.
MELISSA ELDER is a healthcare market analyst specializing in treatments, medical equipment and devices. As a research analyst for more than 20 years, she also worked in medical training and advanced medical technologies. She holds a B.S. degree in business management and is pursuing an MBA in health care management from California Coast University.
- Overall sales in the global influenza market were worth $5.3 billion in 2007, which declined to $3.7 billion in 2008, then increased to an estimated $5.5 billion in 2009. By 2014, it is projected to increase to $6.3 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 2.7%.
- The largest segment of the market, vaccines, was valued at $2.8 billion in 2008; this is expected to increase to $3.2 billion in 2009, and is projected to reach $4.2 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 5.6%.
- Sales in the therapeutics market amounted to $701 million in 2008, increased to an estimated $2.1 billion in 2009, and are expected to fall to $1.9 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of -2.4%.
- By 2010, the worldwide influenza market is likely to reach $7.1 billion, with average annual growth estimated at 19.8%.
- The worldwide influenza market is estimated at $2.9 billion in 2005, up from $1.5 billion the previous year.
- The market is estimated to reach $7.1 billion in 2010, an increase of more than $4.2 billion over the forecast period.
- The worldwide therapeutics/vaccines market is likely to reach $6.9 billion in 2010, with average annual growth estimated at 20.8%.